[67975 Closed] Adding manifest in .NET

Hi,

I’m looking to add a manifest to a .NET Oxygene project in order to specify an elevated privilege requirement. This is a duplicate of the question below. The problem identified in that question looks to still be the case. Is it ? The same workaround specified works for me, but it would be very useful and clean to be able to do it within the IDE.

http://talk.remobjects.com/t/how-do-you-add-an-application-manifest-file-to-oxygene-project/1128

Extra** :** I can only get the work around to actually work if I do not use macros in the post build command. That is all macros such as $(TargetPath) seem to be ignored. Manually specifying paths works, but is not ideal.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hello,

Sorry but I cannot reproduce the problem here. Do I understand correctly that you are trying to add Application Manifest file to the Oxygene (.NET) project via Add new Item -> Other -> General -> Application Manifest File?
What Oxygene version do you use? Also what VS/OS version do you have?

Best regards.

Hi,

Yes, that’s right - as per this screenshot :-

From there, the only change to the resulting .manifest file is to replace the “asInvoker” line with “requireAdministrator” i.e.

<requestedExecutionLevel  level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />

All is then saved and the project “cleaned”. When I build, I get the following error :-

The text of which is :-

Error	5	(MSB3073) The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\mt.exe" -nologo -manifest "D:\Oxygene\OXY003\OXY003.manifest" -outputresource:"D:\Oxygene\OXY003\obj\Release\OXY003.exe;#1"" exited with code 9009.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Oxygene\RemObjects.Oxygene.Echoes.targets	371	3	OXY003

If I use the same manifest file , but do not have it as part of the project and issue the mt.exe command as a “post build” command line, then the manifest is used. Note that the following is my successful “post build” command, which differs from the one generated when I try to use the above route :-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x86\mt.exe" -nologo -manifest "D:\Oxygene\OXY003\OXY003.manifest" -outputresource:"D:\Oxygene\OXY003\bin\Release\OXY003.exe;#1"

The difference being both in the location of the mt.exe file and also the -outputresource specified.

For info, I’m using VS Pro 2012, with DA 7.0.75.1117 and Hydra 4.0.69.1087 and the OS is Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks, logged as bugs://67975: Adding manifest in .NET

bugs://67975 got closed as fixed