[69211 Closed] ROSDK 8.0.83.1137 on XE6 Update 1 : Can't load package (full path to)RemObjects_Server_Core_D20

Hello RO Team,

I am setting up an XE6 environment to move forward to RO8 and perhaps DA8 (currently working with XE4 and ROSDK7).

After fresh install of RAD Studio Pro XE6 Update 1 (+DevEx VCL 14.1.3 + SVN trunk for Turbo Abbrevia and SynEdit), I installed DA8.0.83.1137 Server Edition and got this error message at EDI startup.

Uninstalled DA and installed ROSDK same version, got same error.

Just removing the package from Delphi desing-time packages list fixes the error, but I am not sure whether it will be needed when I port my projects to the XE6 environment, or is it just because the RemObjects_Server package could have been renamed from RemObjects_Server_Core and the old package name remained in the install program ?

Thank you

can you review %DA%\log.html and see that everything is green, pls?

if everything is green:
pls validate that this path -

C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D20\win32

in your system path. if it isn’t present, just add it.

also, you can reinstall DAD and check this option:

Hello Evgeny, thanks for your answer.

Everything was okay during both installs (DA or ORSDK), with the paths to Everwood, DA, SDK (and the same was true for all RO products like Hydra for example) and the build log gave 100% success.

The problem is actually the non-existing package “RemObjects_Server_Core_D20” which gave this error message when starting the EDI - I finally found how to include an image :slight_smile: :
Perhaps the RemObjects_Server_D20 base package used to have “Core” in it’s name at some time during development ?

I think this name is wrongly included in the EDI registry keys for run-time packages by the installer because I did not find any file for a package with this name in RO hierarchy.

I removed this package from the EDI (Components-> Install Packages then “Remove” button) and have not encountered any problem since then.

By the way, about paths, please note that :

I don’t use standard paths since my PATH environment variable is becoming too big; only Everwood is installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software”. I even had to remove all RO products BPLs paths from the system path because they made the PATH also too big (but I kept "Everwood\Bin"and “Data Abstract (Common)\Bin”); my PATH is now 2012 bytes, very close to the 2048 limit.

It would be nice if RO used shorter sub-directory names for each product in the RO hierarchy or gave the user the possibility to rename them during install to avoid hitting the PATH size limit(example : I would rename “RemObjects SDK for Delphi” to “SDK-Delphi”).

Can you manually rebuild this package in IDE and [re]install it?

Hi Evgeny, I think my message was not clear :smile: :

there is absolutely NO file named something like “RemObjects_Server_Core*.*” in the whole RO hierarchy, no .dpk, .pas or any other fileext (and I also checked the whole system drive).

I think the installer just put a wrong value along with the right ones in the IDE registry sub-key during install (“HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\14.0\Known Packages”).
Apart from that, which was easily corrected by removing the non-existing package name from the IDE, everything seems to be ok.

Here is the list of RO packages loaded by my XE6 IDE, where the base RO SDK Server package is selected :

and the list of installed products (don’t know why DA has no icon, but since I installed DA, uninstalled it, installed SDK, re-installed DA, well…) :

Thanks, logged as bugs://69211: XE6: RemObjects_Server_Core_D20.bpl in installed instead of RemObjects_Server_D20.bpl

bugs://69211 got closed as fixed