After Mono-Update Problem w. Relativity Server on Linux ( Ubuntu 14.04 )

Why do you think there are any issues with Relativity? It is up and running, and has all installed drivers loaded (the tool output confirms that)?

The Problem is just that since the mono Update i am not able to connect to my Database anymore.
Both in Server Admin and in my Application.
In the Application i always get the Message ( see first post ).
The Error in the Serer Admin is:

The connection String was not modified at all…

Please run the attached tool. It will load Data Abstract and will try to connect to the MySQL server via it. Release.zip (764.9 KB)

That said, I just took a clean kubuntu VM, installed there latest Mono, MySQL server, Relativity Server and MySQL driver 6.9.8 - and everything worked as it should.

That said, I just took a clean kubuntu VM, installed there latest Mono, MySQL server, Relativity Server and MySQL driver 6.9.8 - and everything worked as it should.

Just Downloaded the kubuntu VM and will try it also…
The strange sting is just that it worked before and it was fine…
I realized also that when i change the some setting on the Server with the Server Admin the Relativity Server crashes. Will now check if there are some rights issues… ( but the Server runs as root )

I have this on 2 Systems, one freshinstall in vmware ( ubuntu Server 64 Bit ).
Just start the Server, hit enter and get some errors.

Ok there where some rights issues that caused these strange behavior ( last post )…
Error still appears. will try that tomorrow with the kubuntu…

Ok, have it working again in my vmware ubuntu 14. LTS all updates installed.

Still struggling with the mainserver also ubuntu.
Are there any other configfiles beside /etc/relativity?

No (and none of those configs can cause these TypeLoad errors. Relativity config files are for network settings, domains etc.

Did you try to run this thing:

It should sw more exception info.

Also you coul just remove the mono package and then to install it again (you need the mono-complete pakage )

antonk:
Please run the attached tool. It will load Data Abstract and will try to connect to the MySQL server via it. Release.zip (764.9 KB)

Hat some other work… sorry¨.
This should run on the Ubuntu Server? Does it need the standard-password or can i set this?

It tries to login to database testdb with username testuser and password password

But please run it for the 1st time AS IS - it it more related to testing how the driver is loaded to get more info about the error you get.

Sorry for the late response. ( I work on this Project in my “freetime” :wink: )

I tryed also to generate a diverent user and see how this works…
Not Well at all…

( Just for Info ) My production-Server is:
Ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12 ( for Administration )

With a new generated user i get Errors in the Mysql Logfie:

151130 18:32:24 [Warning] ‘user’ entry ‘relativity@%’ has both a password and an authentication plugin specified. The password will be ignored.

So i guess this look more of a MySQL + Plesk + Relativity Problem…
Maybe this is related:

( btw. id did run before… i try to look into this… )

Did run the Program on the Server, and did get following Message:

root@www:/var/www/vhosts/release# sudo mono DriversTest.exe
MySQL Connection Test
Error:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlTrace' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection () <0x40370f20 + 0x00034> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize () <0x40390ef0 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_Sources () <0x403b4f70 + 0x0000f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.Initialize () <0x403b4b30 + 0x00073> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.get_Listeners () <0x403b4b00 + 0x0000f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlTrace..cctor () <0x403b4290 + 0x0008b> in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver () <0x403b3b50 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection () <0x403b3750 + 0x00067> in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open () <0x403b8ac0 + 0x003b3> in <filename unknown>:0
Done

Hello

Thanks for the error message. Take a closer look at the stacktrace you posted - the error happens deep in the Mono core, in the place that is not accessible from the user code (mean, it is not possible to pass any parameters to that user code or anyhow affect its behavior from the user code).

I’ve looked thru Mono sources and their change logs and it seems that keeping the old machine.config while updating was the cause of all the problems. They have renamed at least one of the entires stored in the machine.config, so the Mono core was not able to find it and failed (in your case - on opening MySQL connection).

Also it explains why I was not able to reproduce the issue.

You need to:

1. Completely remove the existing mono installation (including hte directories with macine.config files. Move them somewhere if needed).
  2. Install the mono-complete package.

This should resolve the issue.

Relativity Server cannot anyhow access or affrect server or user settings. so any configuration issues are entirely up to the server administrator.

Regards

Relativity Server cannot anyhow access or affrect server or user settings. so any configuration issues are entirely up to the server administrator.

Did not meant that the Relativity Server did cause the truble…:wink:
Just taught the Problem ( as you already described ) was in combination with different Parts:

MySQL + Plesk + Relativity

Will test your Tip, thank you

It works again :grinning:

Did a complete uninstall also all the config files, manually deletetd the remaining mono files in /etc/mono and /usr/lib/

Next time i do this first…
Thank you very much for your patience! :sweat_smile:
Shalom
Manfred

Thanks for your patience too. It was a very unusual way things can go wrong, and it is good to know about it too.

Every Day a new opportunity to learn something…:grinning: hopefully not always that hard…
It would have been quite stress full if the system would already in use ( by many people)