Briefcase model and/or database synchronization between two or more servers

Hi,

I never used RemObj technologies and now I want to evaluate DataAbstract & RemObject for our app.
We have a classical client server database app that was writen in Delphi and use NexusDb for database. Our app is used in small networks with 2 up to 5 users. The requirements from our customer grows during the time. Now our customers want to use our app in two new ways:

1. They want to install the our database client app on a laptop and to use it both at work and home (briefcase model).
  2. They want to use our app from two or more locations (offices) but the internet is available randomly or only for a fraction of the time so we need to use a server in each location (office) and to synchronize those servers.

One solution that also we want to try for synchronization is CopyCat (www.copycat.fr).
Your technologies can be used to build apps using the briefcase model and database synchronization (similar with CopyCat)?

Yes, it is possible.
Pls review this article and test our Briefcase or Briefcase (Console) samples.

I read the article and, I suppose that is ok for briefcase. What about the synchronization ?

Database synchronization isn’t supported by Data Abstract by default, but you can create manually analogue of CopyCat.