Bugs: Can't add reference for shared project

Several bugs related to adding references in 8.2.89.

I noted this post which implies not fully supported, but given the doc has a section on references and I have a sample with references, I’ll report the bugs anyway.

1. Bug#1: If I follow the doc on how to add a reference (right click on references folder, choose Add) I can’t actually add the reference because it doesn’t show up in the list for selection and browse won’t let you choose anything either.

2. Bug #2: Using the Mac trackpad to drag the shared project into the references of another doesn’t work. Using an attached mouse does.

That post is over a year old though ;).

that’s a known issue and will be fixed.

Hmm. Using a mouse or a trackpad should make no difference; in fact Fire doesn’t even know which is which, and i use both types of devices all the time, myself. How exactly does its fail, with a trackpad?

When I drag with the trackpad it acts like a “highlighter” whereas when you drag with the mouse you get the “line with little preceding bubble insert widget thing”. Completely different. I’ll make a quick screencast of both this and the updater-not-working issue and post it here later…

Sent PM with screencast of the problem

also handled via PM,

i’m a bit stumped by the trackpad issue. trackpad dragging works fine here, and i cant imagine what would cause the behavior you are seeing. it’s almost like the outline view isn’t detecting your mousedown. (i’m using a standard NSOutlineView for the sidebar, and it should know or see no difference between a mouse or trackpad as pointing device. i take it dragging works with your trackpad in other apps’ sidebars, such as say iTunes or Mail? Are you using a standard Apple trackpad? built-in to a laptop or a standalone Magic Trackpad 1 or 2? In any case, vey strange issue…

As mentioned in the PM, it’s the latest stock MacBook Pro and click/drag/reorder works fine in other apps. Will keep an eye on it and let you know if I figure something more out.

1 Like