Code Completion

I am evaluating Fire and I am having an issue with code completion in an android project. It seems to be working correctly in IOS.

When I start to type in the android swift file, I get code completion, but as I type standard things aren’t found. I was following through the tutorial in the documentation and as I was typing view to create a button click handler, it didn’t come up with that.

One other thing I noticed is that if I set a break point in an anonymous event handler in android it won’t stop on the break point, but the code gets executed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

What kind of standard things aren’t found?

I’ll log a bug for the breakpoints in anonymous events.

Thanks, logged as bugs://74329

If I am in an IOS project and I am trying to create a class that inherits from a UITableView. The UITableView comes up in the cc list, but I also need to inherit from the UITableViewDelegate and UITableViewDataSource protocols and those do not show in the list for me,

I have also seen on the Android side that if I’m creating a button click handler and my closure needs to use the View class, that is also does not show up in the cc list.

Do IUITableViewDelegate and IUITableViewDataSource show? interfaces have I prefixes in Elements, even those imported from the core Cocoa SDKs.

can you give me a full code example?

thanx!
marc

On Android I am getting the cc pop up, but the common classes shown below don’t appear in the list. My R.id.btnRob, which was created in Android studio doesn’t appear in cc but compile. Also Button and View also don’t show in the list

public override func onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle!) {
	super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)
	ContentView = R.layout.main

let button = findViewById(R.id.btnRob) as! Button

button.OnClickListener = { (v: View!) in
		print("Button Clicked")
	}
}

Thanks, logged as bugs://74370

This i can reproduce, logged under 74370, above.

can you send me the full project, so i can try and repro this? of course the member doesn’t exist for me with your code snippet, since i don’t have your resource files. I do see other stuff fro the R class in CC just fine, see Image 2016-01-29 at 9.18.24 AM.

Note that you need to rebuild your project for the R class to catch up to changes you made to the layouts, because CC for the R class is driven by a hidden source file that gets generated when you build your project. Couple that be the issue? Do the new items for R show after you rebuild? Do they show i the R.pas file you can get to by deleting the R class for the Types tree view (see Image 2016-01-29 at 9.20.17 AM)

thanx!

This is fixed for the next beta. Was due to a very odd (and very nasty) bug in Mono, which is why it showed in Fire only, and not in our .NET based test cases and in VS.

bugs://74370 got closed with status fixed.

bugs://74329 got closed with status cannotrepro.