CrossBox "iOS Device" selection cause compile error: Provisioning profile could not be found or was expired

Currently what I need is only running my app on iOS emulators by CrossBox, so I haven’t enrolled iOS Developer Program yet.

My Elements SDK version: 8.1.84.1789

I add an “EUnit Test Application (iOS)” project by template to my solution. Now if I try to build the solution, it shows compile error:
Error (LocateMobileProvision) Provisioning profile is empty, and the default “iOSTeam Provisioning Profile: *” could not be found or was expired. Please select one on the Cocoa property page. TestIOS C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Oxygene\RemObjects.Oxygene.Nougat.targets 411

After more tests and comparison of files, finally I’ve found the exact cause of the compile error problem: the device selection of CrossBox.

The “iOS Device” selection will cause compile error:

And other selections works fine:

(There’s a similar problem in Provision Profile Is Empty).

Because the cause is found, I’ve updated my topic. Please check if this is a bug.

To build for device, you need a provisioning profile, as every .app built for device needs to be signed (it’d be useless, otherwise). That’s as designed.

You will need to sign up for the Apple Developer Program, and get a profile. Note that as of June, you no longer need the paid program, to deploy to your own devices. But you do need the program.

Thanks! I didn’t realize this selection is for real device at all…My mistake.