DataAbstract for app document?

Hi,
I’m building a Mac, Windows, iOS and Android app in Swift. The app needs a local document file format. I also want to allow users to share their documents. Could DataAbstract be used in a way similar to how SQLite can be used as an application’s document on the client?
Thanks,
Brett

Hello

Unfortunately there is no ready solution. Briefcase (that can be considered as something similar to what you want) is not supported on iOS and Adndroid.

I see, thanks for the info.

I wonder if anybody has any good suggestions?

I suppose I could use JSON or try to integrate a SQLite solution on every platform.

Of course they are!

Sorry, my bad. My answer was related more to non-native platforms like Xamarin. On native client platforms Briefcases should be supported.

Also the binary format itself is platform-independedt (f.e. one can save a briefcase in an iOS app and then successfully load it in an WPF app). You can download the tial builds of Data Abstract and try it by yourself.

So I guess to revisit this:

Does that mean DA Briefcase is a decent choice to use as a document file format? Or should I use something like SQLite for that?

A briefcase file or package should be fine to use as document type, if it suits your needs, yes.