Debug oxygene JSP in VS2013

I’m building a .jar that is imported into a jsp. I’m new to VS as well as tomcat and java. Any pointers on how to “run” the jsp and debug the oxygene code in VS (breakpoints, etc)?

I should note that I’m using VS Shell that came with Elements. Perhaps I need a different version of VS? Where is info on installing Elements into a pre-existing VS installation? Thanks

Thanks, logged as bugs://71319

Hi;

this needs some research as we don’t currently have JSP templates/debugging built in, this might need some changes in the toolchain.

This architecture seems to be often used in large commercial web apps. I’m currently forced to build my Oxygene code into a .jar and execute it within the context of a java jsp using the Intellij IDEA IDE. Their integration and debugging of this environment (for java code) is very good and we really need it within Oxygene in order to promote Elements as the preferred dev environment. Right now I’m forced to go old school with log and writeln statements to debug my Oxygene code.

I’m new to Oxygene, but a long term Delphi dev. I really like the Oxygene language and hope the toolchain continues to mature. Thanks.

What servlet host do you use?

tomcat

In the next build (beta) you can do this:

Basically, set “catalina.bat” as a start application, set “run” as a parameter. Make sure web.xml is setup for your servlet and set the output dir to something like:

C:\projects\apache-tomcat-8.0.18\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib

(apply changes as needed of course)

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>myapp.Test</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/HelloWorld</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Thanks, ck. Your responsiveness greatly adds to the value of the product. Will give that a try a bit later and let you know how it goes.

bugs://71319 got closed with status fixed.

Cool. Let me know how it goes. Note that you need the upcoming beta build, usually released around friday.

Understood. I probably won’t get a chance for a week or two.