Debugging

with actual Version drives me cracy :smile:

Visual Studio marks a very wrong Position for the bug. Maybe it depends on remmed Lines with // and {}.

In this case, I have to go back to Version 8.0.80.1623 beta and Visual Studio Shows the right Position.

Same Problems with breakpoints too: in actual Versions the breakpoint either is ignored, not able to be set or moved to an further line. Here too: 8.0.80.1623 does well.

Please have a look.

Best regards
Hans

A concrete example would be appreciated.

???
What example do you expect?

any breakpoint, any error are not debugged at the correct place.

Just take a aspx.pas with a few hundred lines, rem 10 or 20 lines and let the program run into maybe Null-Error and see whats Happening without breakpoint or with breakpoint.

Without breakpoint the Compiler Points to a Point anywhere beyond the real error line, with breakpoint, for example when pointing in a 2 lines if condition, you are not able to set the breakpoint within this if or the Compiler would not break.

Best regards

Obviously, it cannot be that simple, or weā€™d have noticed this ourselves in our testing and ur daily use of the product.

I did not recognice any other conditions then remmed lines yet.
Hans

But there was an update to VS2013 from MS in August so maybe I do not have the exact Version you deliver for installing.

I did not recognice any other conditions then remmed lines yet.
Hans

Original Message processed by davidĀ®
[RemObjects Talk] [Oxygene/Bugs] Debugging (15-Dez-2014 13:20)
To:service@lhsoft.de

mh
December 15
lhsoft:
???What example do you expect?
any breakpoint, any error are not debugged at the correct place.
Obviously, it cannot be that simple, or weā€™d have noticed this ourselves in our testing and ur daily use of the product.

To respond, reply to this email or visit Debugging in your browser.

I see, you do not believe me.
So I can offer you two screenshots of Debugging.
There are several Arrays, they are filled with data but Array MS is empty. So if trying to get a value from Array MS there must be an exception.
No Debugging with your actual Version I get an pointer to a very wrong Position a few lines obove the line I want to read MS. (Picture1)
Any September Version of oxygene will stop at right Position (Picture2).

Picture1
Picture2

Itā€™s not a question of belief. If you could send us a concrete sample project where this issue shows, we can look into the issue. It does not reproduce for us ā€œjust anywhereā€.

thanx,
marc