Delegate code not compile

Hello

Please check attached project. It compile in VS, but not in fire. See commented line and unrem it. It make no sense, but code will compile :slight_smile:

delegateCase.zip (116.2 KB)

b.r.

Very weird indeed. That said,Fire and VS use the same compiler. so it should failing both, assuming both are up to date?

Thanks, logged as bugs://72877

I get:
Error 1 (E408) Anonymous method/lambda has no result C:\Users\carlokok\Downloads\delegateCase (1)\delegateCase\RootViewController.cs 15 43 delegateCase

in latest VS (version a little later than the one you have), which is a bug Iā€™ll fix.

1 Like

bugs://72877 got closed with status fixed.

Fire and VS are up to date. VS compile it, fire not :smile:

b.r.

it depends on the framework version actually. Fire has a newer framework included that VS didnā€™t have yet (new beta does). Anyway works in both now.

Actually, also, Fire is one week behind, compiler wise, as we didnā€™t ship a Beta last weekend.

clear :slight_smile: Thanks!

Does this now work for you in both VS and Fire, with the latest .1825 Beta drop?

Didnā€™t test yet. Iā€™ll and give report and mark post as ā€œsolvedā€. I check all my reported issues and mark, if not marked then mean not checked yet :slight_smile: So will remove ā€œsolvedā€ for a while.

1 Like

Unfortunately latest fire beta crash :confused: It start and after 2-3 sec. crash. Here is crash log.

fire_crash.zip (17.0 KB)

b.r.

Odd. i expected some potential crash regressions, due to now the new Cocoa SDKs now have nullability information and the compiler enforces it. But i cannot reproduce the crash you mention, nor do is see any code matching this call stack that would explain a crash :(. iā€™ll need opt do more research. Does your downloaded Fire.app bundle correctly contain a ./Contents/Resources/Nougat SDK" folder?

It contain ./Contents/Resources/Nougat SDK folder. I downloaded file again and crash too :confused: Previous version works. No idea what happened.