Error when posting to FireBird database table

Hello,

I am having the following error when doing ApplyUpdates for DAMemDataTable against server application working with FireBird database table:

Unknown SQL datatype (32766)

This does not happen if i use RelativityServer with FB.NET database driver, but here i tried IBO and IBX, and both are producing this error.

Thanks.

FireDAC supports SQL_NULL datatype, so you need to try it.
Seems that IBX/IBO don’t support this datatype.

Okay, i changed the connection type to be FireDAC, then i added FireDACDriver component to server application to avoid “driver not found error”.

Now i can not compile server application, i see it added unit uDAFireDACDriver, but it complains “File FireDAC.Phys.TDBX.dcu not found”.

if you have Pro version of Delphi, uncomment this definition in uDAFireDACDriver.pas

{.$DEFINE FireDACDRIVER_in_PRO_edition}

Yes, its Pro, where is this file located?

I can see only uDAAnyDACDriver.pas in my \Source\Driver folder.

hmm, something is wrong then. I’ve attached this file: uDAFireDACDriver.pas (91.0 KB)

Now i have this one:

[dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: ‘DataAbstract_FireDACDriver_Glyphs.res’

you can safely remove this line

Okay, now i can build server and i can ApplyUpdates from client with no problem.

But is there a workaround to use IB Objects on server side, because this is what we are accustomed to use here when working with FireBird?

Actually i was wrong, what we are using with D2007 now is standard IBX components which ships with IDE. IBDatabase, IBSQL etc.

I don’t think, that you can use IBX/Delphi2007 with SQL_NULL datatype because IBX/XE7 also can’t work with this datatype.

as a workaround, I can suggest to not use this datatype.

With IBX/Delphi2007 we have no problems, can you explain in detail what is this datatype? I have a simple table in Firebird database, and for some reason i can not post a record in there.

Are you saying that every column which allows NULLs is the problem? How you can work with this driver if such a simple thing is the problem?

Your original post contains

from progtown.com :

I think, you need to address to FireBird documentation to learn more about this datatype.