How do I add Sugar to a WP8 project?

I’m testing cross-platform capabilities by writing a small application with a shared class in Oxygene 8.1 with VS 2013. The Windows console app and WPF are working, but I don’t see how to add the sugar library to the Windows Phone 8 project.

I right-clicked on References and selected Add Reference, then searched for sugar but nothing was found. I also clicked Browse so I could locate the file myself, but there doesn’t seem to be anyway to add the file.

In comparing the .oxygene files for the various projects, I found with several tags in the WPF and Console App projects, each referencing the sugar.dll. There don’t seem to be any tags in the WP8 project.

How do I add a reference to the sugar library in a WP8 project?

Thanks,
David.

I’ve been continuing to try to figure this out. Manually adding the tags to add Sugar and Sugar.Data DLLs and compiling told me it could not load the file or assmebly, System.Core (the manifest definition does not match the assembly reference).

I tried downloading the Sugar source: compiling the Echos project works, but neither the Echos.WinRT nor Echos.WP8 did (unknown threading types, missing System.Type members, unknown identifier “CustomEncoding”, etc.).

I’m using Visual Studio Community 2013, update 4 on Windows 8.1.

Any clues to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
David

I think we need separate projects for WP8 related projects. I’ll log a bug

Thanks, logged as bugs://72107

Thanks for the note. For now, I’ll make adjustments in my shared project so that it won’t use Sugar if it’s compiling under WP8.

Thanks,
David.

Hi,

how about this bug? I would also like to use sugar in WP8 project.

Thanks

bugs://72107 got closed with status fixed.

1 Like