Invalid License Error in VS

Support,

Please explain how to address the following error, which I am experiencing in VS 2013 w/Update 4:

“Message=An instance of type ‘RemObjects.DataAbstract.Server.ConnectionManager’ was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type”.

This is after a new install of Visual Studio 2013. I also have RODA installed for Delphi (version 8.1.87.1147). In the Visual Studio IDE under RemObjects/Service Builder there is every indication that it is correctly licensed.

Please advise.
Monte Carver

Hello

Please read the following FAQ entry: http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/Server_FAQs_(RemObjects_SDK)#Why_do_I_get_an_.27An_instance_of_type_was_being_created.2C_and_a_valid_license_could_not_be_granted_for_the_type…27_exception_when_one_of_RemObjects_SDK_or_DataAbstract_classes_is_instantiated.3F

Please double-check the licenses.licx file in your project.

If it uses strong names of the assemblies like in the example below:

RemObjects.SDK.Server.IpTcpServerChannel, RemObjects.SDK.Server, Version=…, Culture=…, PublicKeyToken=…

then you will need to remove version and culture information and leave the row in the format (,) as follows:

RemObjects.SDK.Server.IpTcpServerChannel, RemObjects.SDK.Server

It is usually better to use license definitions like the last one, with no version specified. In this case there will be no need to correct it to set correct assembly version information after future RemObjects SDK or DataAbstract upgrades.

If there is no licenses.licx file in your project folder then you have to add it to the project manually and add there line in the format (,) as follows:

RemObjects.SDK.Server.IpTcpServerChannel, RemObjects.SDK.Server

and then set its build action to Embedded Resource.

Regards