iOS "Beta" App crashing since some days

Since 3-4 days I’ve trouble with the Beta App on my iPhone 6.
The Beta App is crashing on launch. I see the TableView with the products for a half second before “Beta” crashes.
If I delete the App an reinstall it, it’s working for a short time, it’s loading the latest release notes and I’m able to launch it some times the before the crash on launch is back again.

Does anybody else have the same error? Anything changed in the last week?

It causes my iphone 5 to reboot. updates shows a new version having been installed on the 6th

My apologies for that. iOS 8 changed some internal behavior, and a dictionary read back from cache was no longer mutable in 1.0.8, which was rebuilt with the iOS 8 SDK. The issue is fixed now and 1.0.9 has been submitted to the app store.

As of today, the update still isn’t available in the App Store.

Don’t i know it. It’s submitted. That’s all i can do :frowning:

It’s finally been approved and 1.0.9 is on the app store now. My apologies for this, once again :frowning:

Beta 1.0.11 loaded on an iPad 2 running 8.1.3, same symptoms as discussed above. Any chance its another immutable dictionary cache?

Thanks in advance,

Key

Probably. but without seeing a call stack, its hard to say. i’m looking at this use now, but basically all i can do is a dry code review :frowning:

Got it! Turns out there’s a compiler bug that got only hit in Release (Optimize=true) mode. New version 1.0.13 has been submitted that should fix this.

Probably the same thing (been meaning to report but kept forgetting - iPhone 5s/latest release iOS 8.x) but just in case - I get notifications from Beta, but when I open it, it shows only the 2.0.0.7 Helpviewer under Beta Downloads, and 8.0.81.1681 under Release downloads. Nothing about Fire, Elements betas, etc (although it used to). I even deleted Beta and reinstalled the app. Until a month or so ago (?) it used to show me the various beta items, the change logs, etc

I’m hoping that thats related as well, yes. Unfortunately i could not/cannot reproduce that one, though a few others have reported this as well. Please let me know if this is fixed for you in .13, once it’s out.

thanx!