.Net New DataAbstract Windows Form Application Wizard doesn't create server part

Hi,

Trying to create a new winforms based client and a new DataAbstract server.
I am fllowing the steps as described in http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/Data_Abstract_New_Project_Wizard,New_Custom_Server(.NET)

• “Client and a New Custom Data Abstract Server”
  • “PCTrade-SQLLite”
  • Only the default settings

The server project is never created, only the winforms client project is created.

• Visual Studio 2013
    RO+DA version 8.0.81.1131

Am I missing something here?

We are currently using a Delphi based RO/DA Server with Delphi, C# and ASP.Net clients; with the server locally and in Azure. This all works like a charm.
For a new project we want to try if we can use a c# RO/DA based server.

regards
Paul

If you have the Enterprise/Server edition of DA, the Wizard should give you three options: (a) Client for an Relativity, (b) Client for an existing DA Server, © Client and new Server project.

Hi,

I was just about to ask the same question…
Is there any other way - pricing for enterprise is a bit out of my budget, and I don’t need all 5 platforms, just .NET custom server?

Thanks
Dragan

Dragan,

Send me an email to info@remobjects.com with your requirements and we can work something out.

I get 4 choices

• the a b and c you mention in your post and the two tier Application choice
    So I guess we have the Enterprise/Server edition. We are long time users of RemObjects

still no server is created

regards
Paul

Ok, that sounds like a bug in the wizard then. I’ll need to have someone from our support team look at that on Monday.

Hello

New interim build has been released last ween - I strongly suggest you to update on it.

Unfortunately I cannot repro the issue you mentioned on a clean Win 8.1 x64 + VS 2013 Update2 installation. So this is either a installer glitch (ie server app template files weren’t installed) or a conflict with some 3rd party Visual Studio add-on.

Do you have any 3rd party add-ons installed in Visual Studio?

Hi,

3rd Party add-ons. Coderush from Devexpress. That’s the only one I can think of.
Just reinstalled our latest version of RO/DA ( 8.0.81.1131).
Unfortunately we can’t update to the latest version yet.
Would it be possible to get an example project for DA client/server send by e-mail so I can start having a look?

regards
Paul

Hello

Surely that’s not CodeRush - just retested this. Are there any messages in the Visual Studio Output pane?

SampleServer.zip (157.3 KB) Sample server project is attached. It is described in this article: http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/The_Server_Project_Generated_by_the_Data_Abstract_New_Project_Wizard_(.NET)

Regards

Hi,

Unfortunately no messages in the Output pane.
Next time we update RO/DA I will check again.
Thanks for the download

regards
Paul