Oxfuscator Project template doesn't work?

When I trying to add a new Oxfuscator Project to a new or existing solution I just get the error message “object reference not set to an instance of an object”. An empty project folder was created in background, before the error message cames up. More doesn’t hapen.

Im using VS 2015 Community.

Is anyone else here, who’s working with the Oxfuscator and VS 2015?
For now it would be good to know if I need to look for a local error in my installation, or if the template is generally not working with VS 2015.

I’ve installed the latest regular release 8.2.89.1891 and can’t see any newer betas.

Is the Oxfuscator still a supported product?
I hopefully’ll do finish one of my projects in February or March where I want to obfuscate some “critical” code parts in the release build (like license validating and so on).

I’ve never worked with obfuscation and just bought an Oxfuscator license to get some experiences before I need to ship my product to my customers. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or perhaps 8.2.89.1891 contains a buggy project template.
A small hint was very nice and, if the template isn’t compatible with VS 2015, a bugfix or workaround.

I’m sorry about the late reply, something went wrong and you should have gotten a new build that fixes this. I’ll upload a new build for you.

Update: a new build should be available in your “personal downloads” page.

Thank you Carlo,
the Project-Template of the new version is working fine. :slightly_smiling:

When I add an Assebmly to “Assemblies to Obfuscate” i get the warning “The Framework version of ‘MyAssembly’ is higher than the Framework version of the current Project”.

Does this matter or can I safely ignore this warning?
My Test-Assembly was obfuscated, regardless of the warning.

Do you have a Documentation Webite somewhere, where I can read something about the re-signing process?

Yes that’s safe to ignore. I’ll log something to get rid of that.

Essentially it comes down to setting the key file when obfuscating.

<Var name="KeyFile" value=""/>

(iirc also exposed in the gui)

Yes, it’s in the GUI.

But what is running in the background for signing?
Or more detailed:

What’s a Key Container? A PFX (pkcs12)?
If so, where I can define the TimeStamp Service for SignTool?
Do I need a PFX without password (like for the ClickOnce signing)?

When I do use a SNK:
Should the SNK contain both, private and public key, or is the public key enough? Which Hash and Encryption algorithms are supported / required?

It’s calling the apis directly, but “sn.exe” is the real equivalent.

yes you should use an SNK with the private key included.

If you want to do PFX “code signature” signing you should run that after obfuscation (though personally I prefer PFX signing only on setups since else .NET is going to check the signature when loading the assembly.

OK, Thanks.