Relativity Server on a Raspberry Pi

Hello at all,

has anyone experience with Relativity Server on a Raspberry Pi (or another enbedded System) ??

Thanks in advance

I don’t have experience with this specially, but AFAIK Rasberry PI is Android so , yes, i have experience with Android running as client of customized DA servers and works fine.

Hi Donald,

Raspberry Pi runs primary on Linux not on Android (see this link) [Raspberry Pi Homepage][1]

And Yes, Android, iOS and WP clients works fine with DA Server.

Greetings
Helmut
[1]: http://www.raspberrypi.org/

What is this then:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/android-4-0-is-coming/

?

OTOH, if run linux accepts mono. If mono works then it must run oxygene apps.

Hello

We haven’t tried to run Relativity Server on Raspberry P. Actually it depends on how full the Mono implementation is there.

IMHO, Android on RPI is a bad idea. RPI is not very fast, and Android is not best OS for server stuff. Maybe, as media client…

I had some exp with RPI (Raspbian) with Mono and Oxygene code - all was working ok.

P.S. Also i compiled Mono for my NAS (slightly old Synology DS409+), but only 2.10.9 version was supported without much effort due to old toolchain on NAS (you need modern GCC version to compile Mono 3.0+, did not remember, maybe 4.6+). So, Oxygene code also works fine for this setup.

Actually, i have plans to test some RO/DA stuff in that environments - i have pet project with IR and home automation.

P.P.S. Modern Synology did have Mono 3 package in official repos, so running Mono is much less painful

GREAT !!!

Out of the Box, Relativity Server (latest Version) is running on my Raspberry Pi B-Model even full access to the …/admin (Web Admin).
Great works from the Remobjects Team.

Next, i’ll test the performance and a Custom Data Abstract Server…

Helmut

3 Likes

Nice to hear!

But beware: Mono 3 have different issues (crashes) with various builds on Linux, so use tested mono version and did not upgrade production system without testing exact build of mono.

Update:

You can use Codetyphon to run Remobjects on linux + raspberry Pi. Tested by myself.

Enjoy!