RO:Delphi Service Builder Ignores Configuration

Hello,
The Service Builder has a checkbox for used RODL files “Generate code for the definitions in this RODL file” no matter what I do it totally ignores the settings and generates the code anyway. I would like to be able to turn this off as I already have the shared files generated in a different folder.

Regards,
Will.

Hello,
This is known issue #24712: SB: Used RODLs units not generated

Vovanl,
Just to confirm, for me the units ARE generated, even if I tell the rodl not to.

The brief title of #24712 seems to indicate that the opposite is true. i.e the units ARE NOT generated. This is not the case for me.

Regards,
Will.

What version RO SDK you are using? In latest release sources for used RODLs are not generated.

This has now become a major issue for me. It turns out that no matter what I do I can’t get RO to generate a full embedded RODL resource in my application. This means that clients cannot import the RODL and use it to generate their intf files.

The embedded RODL in my application only includes the top level RODL information. Any used rodl does not feature.

This is affecting RO 7.0.71.1097 through to the latest spring 2014 version. Do you have an ETA on fixing this?

@slavad i can confirm in the actual release the same problem: sources for users RODL are generated.

I have had to go back to version 7.0.67.1073. This is the last version where the RODL generation wasn’t broken in some way. It seems that the changelog entry introduced with Summer 2013 (7.0.69.1081) is the starting point for these problems

61799: Significant improvements to RODL merging and <Uses> resolution

This change has been responsible for a number of problems :

1.) This issue : Generate code for the definitions in this RODL file = totally broken.
2.) Incorrect RODL embedded as resource in application.
3.)
http://talk.remobjects.com/t/whats-happening-in-my-rodl-editor/2685?u=will_honor

This is now a whole year of either totally broken or unusable updates to the RO product line. I’m left wondering whether the testing performed on new releases is up to scratch. I have certainly seen a number of problems over the last few years which have clearly not been tested at all. This is a totally unacceptable situation made worse by a distinct lack of interest from the staff at RO.

Regards,
Will.

Hello,
The latest release doesn’t generate sources for 'RODL use’
We logged it as #67457 for investigation