Service Builder Issue: "Generate Code for Definitions" in linked RODL

I’m using a hirachical RODL structure (use existing RODL) and have created a own .Net class library for each RODL, wich contains all generated files of a single RODL.

I ran into Type mismatch errors, if I reference this class libraries in my project, because the Checkbox “Generate Code for Definitions in this RODL file” (on the linked RODL) doesn’t work in Service Builder.

If I uncheck this Option then the Type definitions of the linked RODL will still generated into the “.intf”.
This Checkbox is also everytime enabled, if I reopen the Service builder.

As workaround I must delete all Type definitions of the linked RODL manually in the generated INTF file, each time I’ve opened the Service Builder.

Hi,
I already reported this one. See.

http://talk.remobjects.com/t/ro-delphi-service-builder-ignores-configuration/3591?u=will_honor

Regards,
Will.

Hi Will,

do you have found a workaround or a simple way to eliminate the multiple generated code parts?
Please tell me, if you have found a good solution.
I’m porting some delphi services with a deep clustered RODL structure to .Net and must cleanup all generated intf files 5-15 times a day. This is a thankless job. :grin:

I use the command line utility RODL.EXE.

Regards,
Will.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed? It has now been reported twice and seems to be ignored by the support team?

We are wanting to update to XE5 with a new RO SDK subscription but cant even consider it with problems like this floating around.

On a side note does anyone know if the latest release supports Asynchronous events for JS that has been promised for the last couple of releases?

thx. this was logged as 66501: Service Builder: Setting on/off option “Generate code for the definitions in this RODL file” doesn’t affect RODL file

Unfortunately, it hasn’t been implemented yet.

But according to MH in this thread he said it will be released in the Feb 2014 release?

http://talk.remobjects.com/t/dataabstract-for-delphi-xe4-5-ios-android/3004/10

How are we meant to purchase a product when promises are made but not kept to? I still believe they should open source this project as they obviously have no interest in maintaining it.

Plans change. For one, DA8 was moved from February to May; the February update was a maintenance update for version 7, the next feature release will be v8 in May. For another among the many changes and features planned for v8, this one unfortunately is not implemented in for May either. It remains on the list for future consideration.

I apologize for not having a more accurate estimate for this, previously.

No promises were made, sorry. We never promise or guarantee future features. We’re very open about our plans (unlike many other companies) most of the time, but plans can and do change.

You should make purchase decisions based on the features that are there in the current product, when you purchase. Beyond that, you can be assured that we keep improving the product, but you cannot be assume we’ll add specific features, at a specific timeline.

A feature you’d like not being implemented does not equal the product not being maintained. All our products receive continuous attention, including new features and maintenance (though FTR, the term “maintenance” does not really cover new features — a product could not get new features and still be considered maintained, if it continues to receive bug fixes).

My apologies, clearly i was mistaken when I thought I could take the word of the “Chief Architect”, i just wish my customers were as understanding when I renege on features that I said would be done.

You CAN rely on my word, yes. But i never said “i absolutely promise and guarantee, else your money back that this will be implemented in February.” If i had, you’d have every right to complain and question my honesty. But i didn’t.

Polemics like this will achieve only one thing: the next time you ask for a timeline on anything, the answer you’ll get will be “i can’t say. it’ll ship when it’s ready”.