Silver as Trial

I have downloaded elements and was making class library as show here http://www.carlo-kok.com/tutorial/#/6 and I got a license dialog, I thought silver was free so not sure why this dialog came up. Is there any restriction to the free license which would stop me from making class libraries in silver?

Silver is free yes, but the C# and Oxygene parts are not. But as long as you don’t add .pas/.cs files or create C# or Oxygene projects it won’t need a silver license.

What did the license dialog say, exactly? You should see the “Welcome” screen with login when you use Silver, and we encourage everyone to log in, to get b better update notifications and such. But you should not ever see a dialog saying you’re using a trial or that you need a license, if you’re using Silver only and not Oxygene or Remobjects C#.

If you do, that’s something we need to fix.

thanx,
marc

That’s what I saw when I made Silver Class library for .Net and Java. I can’t remember what it said exactly but I clicked on Continue as Trial for NET and JAVA when I created class libraries.

I think I had previous trial version of RemObjects C# which I didn’t remove before installing Elements 8.1, maybe that combination caused it. Is there any tool you can provide which I can use for scanning the license information and send it back you?

There’s noting to check, and having tried C# or Oxygene before should not affect Silver (it will affect your ability to test C# or Oxygene further). Opening a pure Silver project should not ask for any licenses, so if you do see that, that’s a bug on our end.

Does this show for File|New Project| Class Library, for you?

I tried creating a class library on a different computer and I didn’t get the dialog. I’ll keep an eye on the laptop I got the dialog and let you know if it happens again.

Here we go this is what I got when I went to add swift file to shared project

and here is the project structure

Thanks, logged as bugs://72083

Thanx. i assume ConsoleApp9 has only Swift, as well? Can you send us the exact solution?

thanx,
marc

Marc, all projects in solution are using swift.

bugs://72083 got closed with status fixed.

Update: it looks like this is a bug, related to Shared Projects. For now, you can safely ignore the message, we’ll have a fix out before the 30 days will be up.

Thanx!

I’m currently getting the following message in relation to this

I don’t need to buy a license to use .NET with silver do I?

You should not need a license, no. Do you have any licenses (for other products, say) in your account? or received a Trial Extension for non-Silver in the past? Do you have license files in %APPDATA%\RepmObjects Software\Licenses, and if so can you zip up and email us a copy for debugging, and then delete them?

If not, this might be a bug. Howling have you been using Silver? has this state showing after 30 days?

Oh, and this this too with a Shared project? or just with a regular one? Can you send us the project?

I’ve uploaded a newer build to https://secure.remobjects.com/portal/downloads/personal for you. Could you check if this issue is resolved for you in that version?

thanx,
marc

I think that fixed the issue.

Thank you!

1 Like