Upgraded DA v7 to v8

Hi,

I, recently, upgraded from DA v7 to v8. Now, I get “Entry Point Not Found” errors, in some of the DA libraries.

“The procedure entry point @Udasqlmacroprocessor@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Development\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32\DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl.”

Also, if I try to connect to the database, in RS, with a connection string that worked with v7, I get the following error:
“Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication.”

The application worked fine and I did not have either of these errors, under v7. How can I resolve them, under v8?

Thanks,

David

It looks like you have mismatched packages form v7 and v8. Can you check if DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl is up to date?

Also, did you install the Server Edition of DA? DA now comes in two installer editions, and the non-server ones does not have the database driver packages, by default.

Hi,

Looking in …\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32
DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl, DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.dcu, and uDABDEDriver.dcu are dated 10/22/2013. Everything else is either 5/9/2014 or 7/21/2014.

I saw the Server Edition, but I did not install that. It sounds like the Server Edition is the one that I need. I will try that.

Thanks,

David

1 Like

Hi,

I installed RemObjects+Data+Abstract+for+Delphi%2c+Server+Edition±+8.0.81.1131.exe. That did not resolve the problem. The dates for files in …\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32 did not change. I opened BuildPackages_D18.groupproj and clicked “Build All.” It failed on:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] DataAbstract_AbsoluteDBDriver_D18.dpk(38): E2202 Required package ‘dclAbsDBD18’ not found
I searched my computer and I cannot find dclAbsDBD18.

Do I need to install something else first?

Thanks,

David

dclAbsDBD18 is not ours, but a thrid party database driver. That Package probably is not supposed to comple unless you have AbsoluteDB installed. You wont need it, unless you want to work with this driver.

Hi,

I tried compiling the package, just because the date was from 2013.

I installed RemObjects+Data+Abstract+for+Delphi±+8.0.81.1131.exe and RemObjects+Data+Abstract+for+Delphi+Server+Edition±+8.0.81.1131.exe.  In …\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32, DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl, DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.dcu, and uDABDEDriver.dcu are dated 10/22/2013.  77 files are dated 5/9/2014.  The rest are dated 7/24/2014.  I am still getting the following errors:

“The procedure entry point @Udasqlmacroprocessor@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Development\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32\DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl.”

“Can’t load package C:\Development\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32\DataAbstract_SQLiteDriver_D18.bpl.
Can’t load package C:\Development\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32\DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl.
The specified procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time and project is loaded?”

It repeats the entry point error on C:\Development\RemObjects Software\Data Abstract for Delphi\Dcu\D18\win32\DataAbstract_BDEDriver_D18.bpl six times and I get several errors about not being able to load other packages.

I did not have any problems under DA v7.  I just installed v8 over v7.  What do I need to do to get v8 to work?

Thanks,

David

When installing DA v8, there is an option to install legacy files. What is the impact of installing vs not installing that, when working with projects created with DA v7?

Depends on whether you used those deprecated feature or not. The mostly prominent one is the old REC encryption libraries. If in doubt, install them, there’s no harm.