Visual Studio editor lag

There’s lot of problems with editor. In fact, editor takes long seconds between 2 key pressed… so it s impossible to use it.

Do you encouter this kind of problem !!!

sincerely!

This is even worse after Updating to 8.0.81.1667.
In Code behind with around 9000 cols this was ALWAYS a problem.
Now after installing Update 4 of 2013 Shell together with Oxygene 8.0.81.1667 (or later) this happens EVERYWHERE.

In Addition the properties window of the designer does not work anymore.

Fazit: It is not possible to work on my Projects anymore!!! Takes me hours to finish one line of code.

This Needs urgent Fixing.

By the way, it cannot be my PC, it is a gamer pc with resources like mad.

Please help
Marcus

It is even worse, see attached Picture

We’re looking at this ASAP. It does seem that its a problem introduced by Visual Studio Update 4, so for now i recommend sticking to Update 3.

If you right click the Werkzeugkasten panel, choose items, then the toolbox will restore itself, properties does seem t. Seems to be a Visual Studio bug in upgrading. In what context do you get slowdowns when typing? ASP.NET, regular code?

Hi Marc,

yes indeed, on my tablet with Update 3 everything is OK (as it was before).

Unfortunatelly I cannot use this tablet for real programming, it is just for ad hoc changes when I am at customers side.

On my main computer I am stuck now with update 4 and I have no clue how to roll this update back.

But the editor lag described in this post appears to older versions as well.

Cheers

Marcus

Von: marc hoffman [mailto:talk@remobjects.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Dezember 2014 13:26
An: vdb@asthenis.de
Betreff: [RemObjects Talk] [Oxygene/Bugs] Visual Studio editor lag

http://talk.remobjects.com/user_avatar/talk.remobjects.com/mh/45/12.png

http://talk.remobjects.com/users/mh mh
December 15

We’re looking at this ASAP. It does seem that its a problem introduced by Visual Studio Update 4, so for now i recommend sticking to Update 3.

To respond, reply to this email or visit http://talk.remobjects.com/t/visual-studio-editor-lag/5407/4 Visual Studio editor lag in your browser.

Hi Carlo,

asp.net (Framework 3.5 SP1 – do not ask, customers wish :slight_smile: )

Funny too, loads of greyed stuff:

Objectinspector works when: Select item in Designer, right click a couple of times on „Beschreibung“.

Unfortunatelly you have to do that for each item you select.

VS 2013 is a pain in lower back end

Cheers

Von: Carlo Kok [mailto:talk@remobjects.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Dezember 2014 14:34
An: vdb@asthenis.de
Betreff: [RemObjects Talk] [Oxygene/Bugs] Visual Studio editor lag

http://talk.remobjects.com/users/ck ck
December 15

If you right click the Werkzeugkasten panel, choose items, then the toolbox will restore itself, properties does seem t. Seems to be a Visual Studio bug in upgrading. In what context do you get slowdowns when typing? ASP.NET, regular code?

Yepp, I have deinstalled Update 4 and everything works like before.

I have the same problem in VS 2012 periodically regardless Oxygen version. After re-entering the VS I am good for a while.

Hi there,

are there any News about the VS Update 4 problem and the VS Editor lag?

Marcus

Thanks, logged as bugs://71106

Hello,

Could you please provide me with a testcase that shows editor lag? I installed Vs update 4 today and still cannot reproduce the issue with big project.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Victoria,

it is a huge projects, which I cannot just give out of the office.

So far, I am using a lot of datasets.

The editor lag is also with 2013 Update3
With Update 4 the properties inspector is not working at all (see my picture in the blog)

Cheers
Marcus

Hello Marcus,

Unfortunatelly we cannot reproduce the editor lag (no the properties inspector bug) here. Could you please attach one VS to another and give me all exceptions (with callstack) that mght appear when typing in editor or switching/opening properties inspector?
Also maybe you can give me the steps on how to reproduce the poblem with newly created project? Or you can send your huge project via support@remobjects.com. We will keep it privately and will use for internal testing/fixing the problem only.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I had the same problem. I deleted all folders with VS and Oxygene and all registry entries for VS and Oxy.
After that I reinstalled VS with OXY and all works fine now.
You can try it - for me this solution resolved all my problems.
Best regards
Mateusz

Has there been any progress on this. My VS runs glacially slow after I have edited either an ascx document or even a css document. If I try to compile it takes forever, if I cancel the compile it still thinks it’s compiling and won’t let me close until I run a clean. I have to close VS and reopen it and make sure it opens into a pas document because if I even display an ascx or css document it reverts to its slow operation. I’ve tried to turn off all the “smart” autofill but I haven’t found out how to do that. Some of the “smart” autofill isn’t all that smart and causes delays anyway. Any progress on this issue?

Doesn’t look like anything happened here. I cannot install VS 2013 Update 4 on my Computer, afterwards I just cannot use Oxygene with most of my projects anymore.
In large units I still can follow any character I am inserting, like in a slow motion movie, every Minute one character displayed.
I am afraid reinstalling everything, as Mateusz mentioned. Better a slow System than no System.
Unfortunately my Projects are so large (but mainly it is all company confidential), that I cannot give it to Victoria for checking as she proposed.

My apologies. I will chase this up again on Monday/Tuesday to see what we can do to fix this. Iirc the issue in the past has been reproducing the problem on out end. I will keep you posted.

Oke one other thing we can try without source: Do you get a constant stream of exceptions while this happens? (You can see by attaching 1 VS to your real Visual Studio, debug engines: .NET 4.0, disable Just my code)

If so, where?

Same question to you: do you get a constant stream of exceptions while this happens? (You can
see by attaching 1 VS to your real Visual Studio, debug engines: .NET
4.0, disable Just my code)