Adding wpf control event by double clicking in the Solution Explorer using VS2015 - further problems

Elements 10.0.0.2249

Further to the recent (fixed) problem when trying to create an event (e.g. button click) by double clicking in the event properties of the solution explorer, there are still issues.

Whilst the action now successfully creates the (e.g. Control_Click) code in the interface and implementation sections, VS2015 gets screwed up. Going to the implementation section and (say) tabbing to indent the first bit of code produces an error box:
"The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x etc etc (E_INVALIDARG))

OK’ing this, clears the error box, but subsequent typing in the method is screwed up - incorrect display of characters, etc). Closing VS2015, then re-opening appears to clear the problem.
I’m also getting duplicate methods generated but not sure whether this is a real issue, or just me trying to sort out the above problem.

Am I doing something wrong? This issue has been around for some time now, surely adding an event by double clicking must be a common requirement. Is nobody else encountering this?

Personally I haven’t moved to v10 yet in VS for my .NET projects since I can’t risk any stability problems. I’m using v10 for a MacOS project in Fire and it’s working great. I hope v10 in VS stabilizes soon!

Hi Alan, Thanks for info. v10 works ok for me - but then I’m a relative newbie, ex Delphi, just exploring at this stage before re-writing current applications, so no great problem if things go wrong! The issue appears to have been fixed in Build 2253, so thanks to all.

Bob Russell

1 Like