All windowForms app shows no windows when clicking debug in Water

Hello,

I am using the latest stable version (2405).

Open a windows form .net project, and click debug, it shows debugging, but no app window is launch. That is, I can’t see the app UI at all. But if creat a WPF project, and use Water open it and debug, it does work and can see the app window.

This issue apply to all my windowsform project.

If open these projects in VS and debug, everything works fine.

Curious. the same apps also run fine when you launch the “without Debugger” (from Water, or manually from Explorer)?

Thanks, logged as bugs://82629

Double-click the .exe of the same app in:

/Bin/Debug // Does not run fine, can not see app UI window
/Bin/Release //Run fine, UI and function working properly

Hmm, so it seems to be independent of Water, but dependent on the configuration? Do both configurations fail to run, in the Water debugger, or also just the Debug config?

Can you send me your sample project that shows this?

Actually, all winform app have this problem (including a new winform app created from template), not only my app.

And this problem exists in all my three PC. Do you or your team have a PC running Windows 10 (version 1903), don’t you have this issue?

“Hmm, so it seems to be independent of Water, but dependent on the configuration? Do both configurations fail to run, in the Water debugger, or also just the Debug config?”

Both configuration fail to run. Only be able to see the UI of the application by going to the /bin/release in windows explorer, and double click it. Going to /bin/debug, and double-click the exe, no UI shown.

I can send you my project if necessary, but as mentioned, it also happen if created a new project from winform template. So I guess it is not related to my app?

a similar problem is with Fire and Mac-Cocoa Application
new Project from template.
Run Debug -> not show the mainform.
If I press pause and then resume the Form shows.

Well, it was the weekend, and I wasn’t;t around my Windows machine. Generally, I like to have bug reports as narrowed down as possible before I log them for the team, because it avoids to help up chasing ghosts on an incomplete description or when bugs don;'t reproduced right away. If you say this affects any project fresh from template, that should be enough for the team to repro, yes.

Ok, to be clear, from Water, Run, both Debug and Release fail. Debug also fails when run standalone, but release works fine there? That seems a very odd combination of what wold have to be two completely unrelated bugs. But we’ll see…

That’s an unrelated issue, and seems to be a regression either in latest LLDB or latest macOS. It’s mostly out of our control, but we’re investigating what we can do here, as this is driving me crazy, too. :frowning:

%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

and

%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

Both fail.

Open the exe in /Bin/Release, success
Open the exe in /Bin/Debug, failed

I would like to send my project to your email, what is your email account?

I can confirm that the debugger hangs; this will be looked at under the issue logged above. However,. both Debug and Release build of a fresh new Oxygene WinForms app run fine for me standalone. What am i missing here?

(Debug hangs at:

#> (edb) bt
0000000000000000 , System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaitMessage ( 0)
0000000000000000 , System.Windows.Forms.Application/ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop ( 0)
0000000000000000 , System.Windows.Forms.Application/ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner ( 0)
0000000000000000 , System.Windows.Forms.Application/ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop ( 0)
0000000000000000 , System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run ( 0)
0000000000000000 , WinFormsApplication.Program.Main (Program.pas 29)

I test again.

For a fresh new Oxygene WinForms app, both Debug and Release build work fine.

For my app:

Only release build standalone work.

I would like to send my project to your email.

Fritz,

Can you confirm if checking “use full path for breakpoints” in Preferences fixes the hang with Cocoa apps for you?

Yes this will work, thanks a lot

1 Like

Cool. next build will have this fixed properly.

bugs://82629 got closed with status fixed.