Am I missing something for WebAssembly creation in Oxygene?

I’ll create a new project from scratch and see if I can find the verbosity setting and give it a whirl.

… time passes …

Recreated project with Detailed log. Where is the log?

… time passes …

Binging found an xml file. I’ll attach it.

ActivityLog.xml (79.8 KB)

And in the Error List window it had:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning TS6053 (JS) File ‘C:/Users/mtied/Documents/Visual Studio 2017/Projects/WebAsmTest/WebAsmTest/Web/wasm/RemObjectsElements.js’ not found. WebAsmTest JavaScript Content Files C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest\WebAsmTest\Web\index.html 1 Active
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning TS6053 (JS) File ‘C:/Users/mtied/Documents/Visual Studio 2017/Projects/WebAsmTest/WebAsmTest/Web/wasm/WebAsmTest.js’ not found. WebAsmTest JavaScript Content Files C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest\WebAsmTest\Web\index.html 1 Active

And those missing files are in:

C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest\WebAsmTest\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32

… time passes …

I tried altering the html to this:

<html>
	<head>
		<title>WebAsmTest Test Page</title>
		<script lang="javascript" src="../bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js"></script>
		<script lang="javascript" src="../bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/WebAsmTest.js"></script>
	</head>
	<body>
	<h1>WebAsmTest Test Page</h1>
	<div id="helloWorld"/>
	<script lang="javascript">
		WebAsmTest.instantiate("../bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/WebAsmTest.wasm").then(function (result) {
			console.log("WebAssembly file WebAsmTest.wasm has been loaded.");
			var program = result.Program();
			program.HelloWorld();
		});
	</script>
	</body>
</html>

When the page displayed and did not do the webassembly, I right clicked and did a “view source”. From there I clicked on the “…/bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js” link. It showed me the completed path, but it was wrong. It had: “File ‘C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest\WebAsmTest\Web\bin\debug\webassembly\wasm32\RemObjectsElements.js’ not found”

It should have gone back from the Web folder because of the “…”. (that is 2 dots in the quote. when I post, it shows three dots?) I assume this particular thing is a browser issue, though I’m pretty sure browsers normally understand such relative paths.

Anyway, doing the relative path didn’t help.

… time passes …

I changed the html to this:

<html>
	<head>
		<title>WebAsmTest Test Page</title>
		<script lang="javascript" src="bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js"></script>
		<script lang="javascript" src="bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/WebAsmTest.js"></script>
	</head>
	<body>
	<h1>WebAsmTest Test Page</h1>
	<div id="helloWorld"/>
	<script lang="javascript">
		WebAsmTest.instantiate("bin/debug/webassembly/wasm32/WebAsmTest.wasm").then(function (result) {
			console.log("WebAssembly file WebAsmTest.wasm has been loaded.");
			var program = result.Program();
			program.HelloWorld();
		});
	</script>
	</body>
</html>

Then I changed the target output path in the project options to be “.\web\bin\Debug” (for User, Debug, and Release). Then the webassembly worked just fine.

Of course, now I don’t have a way of making a RELEASE version. I don’t how one would make the html change based on Debug/Release.

Having Debug and Release versions makes me wonder also, how does one PUBLISH this web application? What are the steps? What has to be put on the target web server?

I just noticed that when I right clicked on the Project in the Solution, there was a menu choice for “Convert Project to Use EBuild”. So your statement that this is handled by EBuild is apparently not true by default.

Unfortunately, converting the project to EBuild doesn’t make it work. It still compiled to a “wasm32” folder name and even when I changed the html to match, it still didn’t work.

No. Tools|Options|Projects & Solutions. Build Log Verbosity.
then “Build”
then open the output pane and copy the build log from there.

What you’re attached is VS’s internal error log.

Yes it is. Island projects are always built with EBuild, even unconverned.

As I recall, I looked for an output pane that would have log information. I didn’t see any. I’ll try it again.

Ok, I guess the menu item just confused me. I haven’t used Island projects before so I wasn’t aware of that and hadn’t read that anywhere. I’ve almost exclusively used .Net. These new WebAssembly projects are what I’ve been looking for since Silverlight was deprecated as I hate to write javascript. FINALLY, some compileable, language independent mechanism to write code for a web page. Very cool.

Do you have a solution for the PUBLISH problem. I’m used to developing and then publishing to a folder or the web when I’m done with debugging. I don’t see that functionality in the project anywhere, but maybe I’ve missed it.

… time passes …

Okay, I have a log in the output window I think. When I went to those settings before I only turned on the “log FILE” option to detail. I guess I don’t know where that output goes. Here is what was in the output window.

------ Build started: Project: WebAsmTest2, Configuration: Debug ------
Initial properties:
  AllowGlobals                   = False
  AllowLegacyCreate              = False
  AllowLegacyOutParams           = False
  AllowLegacyWith                = False
  AllowUnsafeCode                = False
  ALLUSERSPROFILE                = C:\ProgramData
  AndroidTargetsPath             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\MDD\Android\V150\
  APPDATA                        = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Roaming
  AssemblyName                   = WebAsmTest2
  BuildingInsideVisualStudio     = true
  CaptureConsoleOutput           = False
  CommonProgramFiles             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
  CommonProgramW6432             = C:\Program Files\Common Files
  COMPUTERNAME                   = DENTOUCH
  ComSpec                        = C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
  Configuration                  = Debug
  CpuType                        = x86
  CurrentSolutionConfigurationContents = <SolutionConfiguration>
<ProjectConfiguration Project="{c9cb82a6-136e-47d7-b314-91a8c4b679c2}" AbsolutePath="C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2.elements">Debug</ProjectConfiguration>
</SolutionConfiguration>
  DebugIndexHtmlFile             = Web\index.html
  DefineConstants                = DEBUG;TRACE;
  DevEnvDir                      = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\
  DriverData                     = C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
  EBuildXmlDetailsFile           = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2\obj\Debug\WebAsmTest2.xml
  EnableUnmanagedDebugging       = False
  FrameworkSDKRoot               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\
  FSHARPINSTALLDIR               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\F#\10.1\Framework\v4.0\
  GenerateDebugInfo              = True
  HOMEDRIVE                      = C:
  HOMEPATH                       = \Users\mtied
  iOSTargetsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\MDD\iOS\V150\
  IsFullBuild                    = true
  IslandTargetArchitecture       = 
  IslandTargetOS                 = WebAssembly
  IslandTargetType               = WebAssembly
  LOCALAPPDATA                   = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local
  LOGONSERVER                    = \\DENTOUCH
  Mode                           = Island
  MSBuildAssemblyVersion         = 15.0
  MSBuildBinPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildExtensionsPath          = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  MSBuildExtensionsPath32        = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  MSBuildExtensionsPath64        = C:\Program Files\MSBuild
  MSBuildFrameworkToolsPath      = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\
  MSBuildFrameworkToolsPath32    = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\
  MSBuildFrameworkToolsPath64    = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\
  MSBuildFrameworkToolsRoot      = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
  MSBuildLoadMicrosoftTargetsReadOnly = true
  MSBuildNodeCount               = 1
  MSBuildProgramFiles32          = C:\Program Files (x86)
  MSBuildProjectDefaultTargets   = Build
  MSBuildProjectDirectory        = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2
  MSBuildProjectDirectoryNoRoot  = Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2
  MSBuildProjectExtension        = .elements
  MSBuildProjectFile             = WebAsmTest2.elements
  MSBuildProjectFullPath         = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2.elements
  MSBuildProjectName             = WebAsmTest2
  MSBuildRuntimeType             = Full
  MSBuildRuntimeVersion          = 4.0.30319
  MSBuildSDKsPath                = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Sdks
  MSBuildStartupDirectory        = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE
  MSBuildToolsPath               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildToolsPath32             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildToolsPath64             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\amd64
  MSBuildToolsRoot               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  MSBuildToolsVersion            = 15.0
  MSBuildUserExtensionsPath      = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild
  MSBuildVersion                 = 15.7.179
  Name                           = WebAsmTest2
  NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS           = 8
  OneDrive                       = C:\Users\mtied\OneDrive
  Optimize                       = False
  OS                             = Windows_NT
  OutOfProcess                   = true
  OutputPath                     = .\bin\Debug
  OutputType                     = Library
  Path                           = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Bin;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Programs\Fiddler;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
  PATHEXT                        = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
  PkgDefApplicationConfigFile    = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_804f84f8\devenv.exe.config
  PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE         = x86
  PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432         = AMD64
  PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER           = Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
  PROCESSOR_LEVEL                = 6
  PROCESSOR_REVISION             = 3c03
  ProductVersion                 = 3.5
  ProgramData                    = C:\ProgramData
  ProgramFiles                   = C:\Program Files (x86)
  ProgramW6432                   = C:\Program Files
  ProjectGuid                    = {c9cb82a6-136e-47d7-b314-91a8c4b679c2}
  PSModulePath                   = %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\PowerShell\Modules\
  PUBLIC                         = C:\Users\Public
  RootNamespace                  = WebAsmTest2
  RoslynTargetsPath              = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Roslyn
  RuntimeVersion                 = v25
  SDK35ToolsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\
  SDK40ToolsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools\
  SESSIONNAME                    = Console
  SolutionDir                    = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\
  SolutionExt                    = .sln
  SolutionFileName               = WebAsmTest2.sln
  SolutionName                   = WebAsmTest2
  SolutionPath                   = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2.sln
  StartMode                      = Project
  SubMode                        = WebAssembly
  SystemDrive                    = C:
  SystemRoot                     = C:\WINDOWS
  TEMP                           = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Temp
  TMP                            = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Temp
  USERDOMAIN                     = DENTOUCH
  USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE      = DENTOUCH
  USERNAME                       = mtied
  USERPROFILE                    = C:\Users\mtied
  UsesEBuild                     = True
  UTFOutput                      = true
  VCTargetsPath                  = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\
  VCTargetsPath10                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\
  VCTargetsPath11                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\
  VCTargetsPath12                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\
  VCTargetsPath14                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\
  VisualStudioDir                = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017
  VisualStudioEdition            = Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
  VisualStudioStyleErrors        = true
  VisualStudioVersion            = 15.0
  VSAPPIDDIR                     = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\
  VSAPPIDNAME                    = devenv.exe
  VSIDEResolvedNonMSBuildProjectOutputs = <VSIDEResolvedNonMSBuildProjectOutputs />
  VsInstallRoot                  = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional
  VSLANG                         = 1033
  VSSKUEDITION                   = Professional
  windir                         = C:\WINDOWS
  WindowsSDK80Path               = 
  XmlDoc                         = False
  XmlDocWarningLevel             = WarningOnPublicMembers
Initial items:
Reference
  Island
Compile
  Program.pas
None
  Web\index.html
Folder
  Web\
Target "_ValidateEBuild" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2.elements" (entry point):
Target "Build" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2\WebAsmTest2.elements" (entry point):
	Task "MSBuildTask"
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

That’s not my wheelhouse, I’ll have to ask Kate or Vika.

that’s the right log, b ut its rather empty (aside from MSBuild noise). everything id expect./need to see woudl be between the last two lines. Can you make sure verbosity is set to Detailed (or Diagnostic) and can you do a Clean, before you build?

Here’s what my log looks like:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/EBuild.exe "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/Module18.sln" --logger:fire --configuration:Debug --debug --statistics --verbosity:diagnostic --xml:/var/folders/wl/n_01zc255cv_1b994z_kdf9c0000gn/T/Module18.fire.xml --build --setting:TreatFixableErrorsAsWarnings=True
RemObjects EBuild. An open source build engine for Elements and beyond.
Copyright RemObjects Software 2016-2018. All Rights Reserved. Created by marc hoffman.
Version 10.0.0.2306 (develop) built on talax, 20180711-160435. Commit 8f529b0.

-> Task RemObjects.EBuild.BuildSolution started.
      -> Project Module18 started.
         -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsBuildProject started for Module18.
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsSanityCheck started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsSanityCheck finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0009s (0.0013s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsApplyLegacySettings started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
               Mapping DefineConstants=DEBUG;TRACE; to ConditionalDefines
               Mapping AssemblyName=Module18 to BinaryName
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsApplyLegacySettings finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0048s (0.0049s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreparePlatforms started for Module18.
               Preparing target 'Island-WebAssembly' (platform 'Island').
D:             Target-specific Settings, before prepare
D:               - <BinaryName = Module18 [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <ConditionalDefines = DEBUG;TRACE; [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <Mode = Island [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <SubMode = WebAssembly [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
               -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreflightIsland started for Module18.
               <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreflightIsland finished for Module18, took 0.0002s (0.0003s).
               -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPrepareIslandPlatform started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
               <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPrepareIslandPlatform finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0020s (0.0027s).
D:             Target-specific Settings, after prepare
D:               - <Architecture = wasm32 [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <BinaryName = Module18 [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <ConditionalDefines = DEBUG;TRACE; [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <FinalBinaryName = Module18.wasm [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <Internal:ArchiveOutputType = gnu [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <Internal:CompilerFlags = --disableeh --disableatomic --thinlto --bc+ [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <Mode = Island [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <SubMode = WebAssembly [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreparePlatforms finished for Module18, took 0.0160s (0.0266s).
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreparePlatforms skipped for Module18.
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCheckForTargetlessReferences started for Module18.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCheckForTargetlessReferences finished for Module18, took 0.0031s (0.0033s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveReferences started for Module18.
               -> Target Island-WebAssembly started.
                  -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveIslandReferencesForTarget started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
                     Reference 'Island' was resolved to '/Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/References/Island/WebAssembly/wasm32/Island.fx' for target 'Island-WebAssembly'.
                     Reference 'Island' was resolved to '/Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/References/Island/WebAssembly/wasm32/Island.fx' for target 'Island-WebAssembly/wasm32'.
                  <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveIslandReferencesForTarget finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0295s (0.0301s).
               <- Target Island-WebAssembly finished.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveReferences finished for Module18, took 0.0523s (0.0564s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveSourceFiles started for Module18.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveSourceFiles finished for Module18, took 0.0019s (0.0023s).
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreCompileEchoes skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreCompileToffee skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreCompileCooper skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreparePlatforms skipped for Module18.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveReferences skipped for Module18.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsResolveSourceFiles skipped for Module18.
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreCompileIsland started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
               -- Task ProcessResources skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPreCompileIsland finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0000s (0.0013s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCompile started for Module18.
D:             Loading compiler from '/Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/RemObjects.Elements.dll'
               Compiling target 'Island-WebAssembly', architecture 'wasm32'
               -> Target Island-WebAssembly started compiling for wasm32.
                  Starting compile for Module18 Island-WebAssembly wasm32
                  RemObjects Elements (Oxygene, C#, Swift and Java) Compiler for .NET, Cocoa, Java and Island.
                  Version 10.0.0.2306 (develop) built on talax, 20180711-160435. Commit 8f529b0.
                  Copyright 2003-2018 RemObjects Software, LLC. All rights reserved.

Source file: /Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/Program.pas
                  Reference: /Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/References/Island/WebAssembly/wasm32/Island.fx
                  -> Phase Resolving Bodies started.
                  <- Phase Resolving Bodies finished, took 0.4555s.
                  -> Phase Checking Members started.
                  <- Phase Checking Members finished, took 0.0419s.
                  -> Phase Generating Helper Types started.
                  <- Phase Generating Helper Types finished, took 0.0470s.
                  -> Phase Inlining code started.
                  <- Phase Inlining code finished, took 0.0127s.
                  -> Phase Pre-Simplifying Code started.
                  <- Phase Pre-Simplifying Code finished, took 0.0231s.
                  -> Phase Simplifying Code started.
                  <- Phase Simplifying Code finished, took 0.0379s.
                  -> Phase Flow Analysis started.
                  <- Phase Flow Analysis finished, took 0.0220s.
                  -> Phase Expanding generics started.
                  <- Phase Expanding generics finished, took 0.1132s.
                  -> Phase Generating Output started.
                  <- Phase Generating Output finished, took 0.3280s.
               <- Target Island-WebAssembly finished compiling for wasm32.
D:             CompilerOutput for Island-WebAssembly
D:               - <CompilerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.a [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <CompilerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.fx [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <CompilerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.o [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCompile finished for Module18, took 1.7942s (1.8835s).
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPostCompileEchoes skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPostCompileToffee skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPostCompileCooper skipped for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            -- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCompile skipped for Module18.
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPostCompileIsland started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsPostCompileIsland finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0000s (0.0002s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsLink started for Module18.
               -> Task Link started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
               <- Task Link finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 1.4380s (1.4383s).
D:             LinkerOutput
D:               - <LinkerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/References/Island/WebAssembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <LinkerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.d.ts [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <LinkerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.js [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
D:               - <LinkerOutput-wasm32: /Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm [Target: Island-WebAssembly]>
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsLink finished for Module18, took 1.4397s (3.3254s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsDetermineFinalOutput started for Module18.
               -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsDetermineFinalOutputIsland started for Module18, Island-WebAssembly.
               <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsDetermineFinalOutputIsland finished for Module18, Island-WebAssembly, took 0.0035s (0.0038s).
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsDetermineFinalOutput finished for Module18, took 0.0046s (3.3303s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsExpandCopyToOutputDirectoryPaths started for Module18.
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsExpandCopyToOutputDirectoryPaths finished for Module18, took 0.0006s (0.0009s).
            -> Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCopyFinalOutput started for Module18.
D:             Copying to /Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly
D:             Generated Files for target Island-WebAssembly:
D:               wasm32/Module18.d.ts (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.d.ts)
D:               wasm32/Module18.js (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.js)
D:               wasm32/Module18.wasm (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/Module18-CF7BF0D8B77EAD6D7FDFD036F0DD014AF95808E4/Debug/Island-WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm)
D:               wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js (/Users/mh/Code/Elements/Bin/References/Island/WebAssembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js)
               Final Output:
                 Module18.d.ts (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.d.ts)
                 Module18.js (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.js)
                 Module18.wasm (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm)
                 RemObjectsElements.js (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js)
            <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsCopyFinalOutput finished for Module18, took 0.0147s (3.3465s).
         <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.Elements.ElementsBuildProject finished for Module18, took 0.0000s (3.3473s).
      <- Project Module18 finished, took 3.3483s.
      Project 'Module18' built successfully.
      Solution 'Module18' built successfully.
   <- Task RemObjects.EBuild.BuildSolution finished for Module18, took 3.3640s (3.3670s).

net time    gross time   task
-------------  ------------   -------------------------------
       0.000s        0.000s   ElementsPostCompileIsland 
       0.000s        3.347s   ElementsBuildProject 
       0.000s        0.001s   ElementsPreCompileIsland 
       0.000s        0.000s   ElementsPreflightIsland 
       0.000s        0.000s   ElementsExpandCopyToOutputDirectoryPaths 
       0.000s        0.003s   ElementsSanityCheck 
       0.001s        0.002s   ElementsResolveSourceFiles 
       0.001s        0.002s   ElementsPrepareIslandPlatform 
       0.003s        0.003s   ElementsCheckForTargetlessReferences 
       0.003s        0.003s   ElementsDetermineFinalOutputIsland 
       0.004s        3.330s   ElementsDetermineFinalOutput 
       0.004s        0.004s   ElementsApplyLegacySettings 
       0.014s        3.346s   ElementsCopyFinalOutput 
       0.015s        0.026s   ElementsPreparePlatforms 
       0.029s        0.030s   ElementsResolveIslandReferencesForTarget 
       0.052s        0.056s   ElementsResolveReferences 
       1.438s        1.438s   ElementsIslandLink 
       1.439s        3.325s   ElementsLink 
       1.794s        1.885s   ElementsCompile 
       3.363s        3.367s   BuildSolution 

The stuff under Final Output: is the interesting part. along with This project setting (the default):

Both the options were set to Detailed. I’ll restart VS and try fresh again.

… time passes …

Here is the Detailed output:

------ Build started: Project: WebAsmTest3, Configuration: Debug ------
Initial properties:
  AndroidTargetsPath             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\MDD\Android\V150\
  AssemblyName                   = WebAsmTest3
<ProjectConfiguration Project="{04e1af54-f765-41ff-b42f-09418026975f}" AbsolutePath="C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements">Debug</ProjectConfiguration>
</SolutionConfiguration>
  DevEnvDir                      = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\
  EBuildXmlDetailsFile           = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\obj\Debug\WebAsmTest3.xml
  FrameworkSDKRoot               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\
  FSHARPINSTALLDIR               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\F#\10.1\Framework\v4.0\
  iOSTargetsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Microsoft\MDD\iOS\V150\
  MSBuildBinPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildExtensionsPath          = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  MSBuildExtensionsPath32        = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  MSBuildFrameworkToolsPath64    = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\
  MSBuildProjectDirectory        = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3
  MSBuildProjectDirectoryNoRoot  = Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3
  MSBuildProjectFile             = WebAsmTest3.elements
  MSBuildProjectFullPath         = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements
  MSBuildProjectName             = WebAsmTest3
  MSBuildSDKsPath                = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\Sdks
  MSBuildStartupDirectory        = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE
  MSBuildToolsPath               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildToolsPath32             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin
  MSBuildToolsPath64             = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\amd64
  MSBuildToolsRoot               = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild
  Name                           = WebAsmTest3
  Path                           = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Bin;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Programs\Fiddler;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
  PATHEXT                        = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
  PkgDefApplicationConfigFile    = C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_804f84f8\devenv.exe.config
  PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER           = Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
  ProjectGuid                    = {04e1af54-f765-41ff-b42f-09418026975f}
  PSModulePath                   = C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\PowerShell\Modules\
  RootNamespace                  = WebAsmTest3
  RoslynTargetsPath              = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Roslyn
  SDK35ToolsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\
  SDK40ToolsPath                 = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools\
  SolutionDir                    = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\
  SolutionFileName               = WebAsmTest3.sln
  SolutionName                   = WebAsmTest3
  SolutionPath                   = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.sln
  VCTargetsPath                  = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\
  VCTargetsPath10                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\
  VCTargetsPath11                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\
  VCTargetsPath12                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\
  VCTargetsPath14                = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\
  VSAPPIDDIR                     = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\
  VSIDEResolvedNonMSBuildProjectOutputs = <VSIDEResolvedNonMSBuildProjectOutputs />
  VsInstallRoot                  = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional
Initial items:
Reference
  Island
Compile
  Program.pas
None
  Web\index.html
Folder
  Web\
Target "_ValidateEBuild" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.WebAssembly.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements" (entry point):
Target "Build" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.WebAssembly.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements" (entry point):
	Task "MSBuildTask"
		   RemObjects Elements (Oxygene, C#, Swift and Java) Compiler for .NET, Cocoa, Java and Island.
		   Version 10.0.0.2285 (develop) built on bajor, 20180511-173526. Commit fe01b90.

Source file: C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\Program.pas
		   Reference: C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Island\Reference Libraries\WebAssembly\wasm32\Island.fx

Here is the Diagnostic (run right after the one above):

------ Build started: Project: WebAsmTest3, Configuration: Debug ------
Build started.
Project "WebAsmTest3.elements" (default targets):
Initial properties:
  AssemblyName                   = WebAsmTest3
<ProjectConfiguration Project="{04e1af54-f765-41ff-b42f-09418026975f}" AbsolutePath="C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements">Debug</ProjectConfiguration>
</SolutionConfiguration>
  EBuildXmlDetailsFile           = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\obj\Debug\WebAsmTest3.xml
  MSBuildProjectDirectory        = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3
  MSBuildProjectDirectoryNoRoot  = Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3
  MSBuildProjectFile             = WebAsmTest3.elements
  MSBuildProjectFullPath         = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements
  MSBuildProjectName             = WebAsmTest3
  Name                           = WebAsmTest3
  Path                           = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Bin;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Programs\Fiddler;C:\Users\mtied\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
  ProjectGuid                    = {04e1af54-f765-41ff-b42f-09418026975f}
  PSModulePath                   = C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\PowerShell\Modules\
  RootNamespace                  = WebAsmTest3
  SolutionDir                    = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\
  SolutionFileName               = WebAsmTest3.sln
  SolutionName                   = WebAsmTest3
  SolutionPath                   = C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.sln
Initial items:
Reference
  Island
Compile
  Program.pas
None
  Web\index.html
Folder
  Web\
Building with tools version "15.0".
Target "_ValidateEBuild" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.WebAssembly.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements" (entry point):
Target "Build" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Elements\RemObjects.Elements.Island.WebAssembly.targets" from project "C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3.elements" (entry point):
	Task "MSBuildTask"
		Task Parameter:Goal=Build
		Task Parameter:ProjectFile=WebAsmTest3.elements
		Task Parameter:Configuration=Debug
		Task Parameter:XmlDetailsFile=C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\obj\Debug\WebAsmTest3.xml
		Launching task "MSBuildTask" from assembly "RemObjects.EBuild.MSBuild, Version=10.0.0.2285, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3df3cad1b7aa5098" in an external task host with a runtime of "CLR4" and a process architecture of "x86".
		Output Item(s): 
    FinalOutput=
        C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32\RemObjectsElements.js
        C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32\WebAsmTest3.d.ts
        C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32\WebAsmTest3.js
        C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32\WebAsmTest3.wasm
		Output Property: Mode=Island
		Output Property: SubMode=WebAssembly
Done building project "WebAsmTest3.elements".

Build succeeded.

@viktoriad, what’s going on here? these seem to be cut off?

Is something “cut off” of what I sent? What are you seeing cutoff? Maybe my copy/paste goofed something up?

no:

Task "MSBuildTask"
		   Version 10.0.0.2285 (develop) built on bajor, 20180511-173526. Commit fe01b90.

Source file: C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\Program.pas
		   Reference: C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Elements\Island\Reference Libraries\WebAssembly\wasm32\Island.fx

the first and the last line are from VS. the 5 lines in-between are EBuild, but there shoukld be hundreds more. Something inside VS is losing them :frowning:

Ah, ok, apparently not something I did.

Nope :wink:

That said, can you check your Output folder (ie Bin/Debug by default) and see of it has the files like this:

Final Output:
                 Module18.d.ts (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.d.ts)
                 Module18.js (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.js)
                 Module18.wasm (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm)
                 RemObjectsElements.js (/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/RemObjectsElements.js)

?

Yes, all the files are in the “C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32”. That is why it works when I change the “wasm” to “wasm32” and put the index.html with those files. Or in a folder ahead of that one. (depending on the html reference)

… time passes …

I tried uninstalling and resinstalling Oxygene, just to see if maybe I goofed up something, but, as expected, it made no difference fwiw.

Carlo,
No I have not downloaded any new version. I’m using “RemObjects Elements - 10.0.0.2285.exe”.

Ok. then this seems to be a. bug with the startup parameters passed to the debug session. Since this has changed a bit in the past couple weeks I’ll need to check back with Carlo tomorrow for details. It might also differ when using Publish vs using the embedded HTTP server (the latter is the default).

The embedded HTTP server IIRC should serve the “Web” folder of your project as root, and the output folder (“C:\Users\mtied\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\WebAsmTest3\WebAsmTest3\bin\Debug\WebAssembly\wasm32”) as “wasm” subfolder.

meaning you should have

localhost:XXXX/index.html
localhost:XXXX/wasm/WebAsmTest3.wasm

available via HTTP…

I just double-checked what Fire does, and there I pass these to the debugger:

2018-07-11 17:13:21.785 Fire[33212:905343] parameters {
  "SubMode": "WebAssembly",
  "Architecture": "wasm",
  "EnvironmentVariables": {
  },
  "Arguments": [
  ],
  "CaptureOutput": true,
  "WebAssemblyHttpRootPath": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/Web",
  "WebAssemblyDebugUrl": "index.html",
  "StrictBreakpoints": false,
  "WebAssemblyHttpSubFolderName": "wasm",
  "WebAssemblyHttpPort": 0,
  "CrossBox": "Local",
  "Mode": "Island",
  "LocalExecutable": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm",
  "RemoteExecutable": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32/Module18.wasm",
  "WebAssemblyHttpSubFolderPath": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32"
}

relevant parts:

• "WebAssemblyHttpRootPath": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/Web", < thats the root of the HTTP space, your Web folder this is a project setting
  • "WebAssemblyDebugUrl": "index.html",< that’s the sub-url initially launched in the browser. again, thats a project setting

these give you http://localhost:XXXX/index.html

• "WebAssemblyHttpSubFolderPath": "/Users/mh/Test Projects/Module18/bin/Debug/WebAssembly/wasm32" < thats the ‘virtual’ subfolder hosted below the root (this would congtain your binary)
  • "WebAssemblyHttpSubFolderName": "wasm", < and thats the virtual name for it.

these give you http://localhost:XXXX/wasm/YourExe.wasm

It sounds like VS passes one or more of these badly. What happens in Water? (Water should also show the above JSON in its log file, so ion Water fails too, that’d be useful to look at).

@mtiede just to be clear; is this with the project that failed last week or is this a newly created template from last mondays build?

(If it’s the one that failed, can you send us the project as it is now?)

I’m wondering what’s different for you