Android project, Gradle options

My original Android project had a line in its app level Gradle file to enable vector drawables:

android {
    defaultConfig {
        //...
        vectorDrawables.useSupportLibrary = true
    }
    // ...
}

How do I do this from Fire (I understand this is tied to the appcompat-v7 support library).

Elements no longer uses Gradle, and it resolved GradeReferences on its own. No other Gradle functionality is supported at this stage. Dom your know what this is supposed to do, build chain wise?

This seems to be needed in other for appcompat-v7 to support vector drawables on older API levels.

ok, but what does it actually do?

I assume it flips some switches in the appcompat library. The official Android documentation page explains it at:

More specifically, the section titled “Vector drawables backward compatibility solution” details the Gradle related changes.

i’ll have a look in monday what’s going on there and how those “switches are flipped”

1 Like

Thanks, logged as bugs://81460

Benoît,

I’m adding a new AAPTOptions project setting to EBuild, where you can specify command line options to pass to AAPT. According to https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2016/02/android-support-library-232.html, this is what this option does, you’ll need to pass --no-version-vectors as setting there, that’s the equivalent to the Gradle option you quoted.

I can send you a new build later today that has this option. (not sure yet if I’ll expose it in the IDE, for now you’ll need to add it manually to the project file.

1 Like

Thanks Marc. No need for a special build today (it can wait until Friday as I’m focusing on other elements - no pun intended - for the next few days).

Cheers

ok!

bugs://81460 got closed with status fixed.