Another current Delphi user hoping to be an ex Delphi user

OK. l have got a nice new device to develop on, so am ready to take the plunge and buy. Is Oxygene ready for Visual Studio 2017 yet, or should I download 2015 ?

Thanks

9.3 should work reasonably well in 2017 but we still consider it experimental.

Thanks for reply. I now have a problem. I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro to do this development work.
I first downloaded Visual Studio Community 2017. No problem.
Then I downloaded Elements and started the install. It noted that Dot Net was missing, and asked to download it. I accepted, and the Elements install completed ok.
I then launched VS2017 and got the expected screen. Selected the Sorter demo. It failed to load. Tried to create a new Winforms project. Also failed.

Note that the Surface Pro has got the operating system as purchased. Upgrade to Windows Pro has not been done.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Additional… The error related to “could not load Microsoft.Windows.Design.Host”

Update, and apology for multiple replies… I uninstalled vs 2017 and elements, AND switched off AVG which had been complaining about various exe’s. Then just reinstalled elements, and all is well. .so not sure what the problem was.

Panic over!

1 Like

On running a newly created “blank” WPF project, the error:
Intellisense could not be initialized due to the following error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.LanguageServices, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

is displayed.

What is this about?

(running Windows 10 on /surface Pro)

9,3 RTM? this sounds like a broken VS install, tbh.

Thanks. /i have uninstalled VS2015 then Elements, I re-installed both, and all looked ok.

I then created a new WPF project, and noted that 'system.xaml" is now in the references. OK.

Without making any additions or changes, I ran the project in debug. OK. I closed the exe, and saved the project. Re-ran in debug mode. OK again.

I exited VS, and then re started VS, I opened the same project, and ran again in debug mode. I get a debug exception screen:

"An unhandled exception of type ‘System.IO.IOException’ occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: Cannot locate resource ‘window1.xaml’."

Window1.xaml is listed in the structure for that project. If I run in release mode, all works ok.

Can you help?

Thanks.

It sounds as iff the XAML resources dont get properly embedded in the compiled executable. Can you send me the project, including the Bin folder that has the broken exe?

thanx,
marc

Is it possible to have source files of a WinForms or WPF project in multiple folders. I used this approach in Delphi when developing a Generic application which would serve as the base for individual variations. I’m sure more experienced people would use libraries of some sort for generic stuff, but I never got into that!

Thanks.

Of course, yes. you can structure your project files any way you like.

I hope I’m replying to you in the correct way – did you receive the WPF project folder I sent you?

Bob Russell

Yes, i believe @KonstantinG is looking into the issue and did or will follow up with you in the PM.

thanx,
marc

WPF bug was reproduced. Logged as “78993: WPF: Cannot locate resource after reloading project”

I’m struggling with ADO. I’m trying to connect to an MS Access local mdb database. I have a small project, and having added ADODB to the references, have created an ADO Connection. I have used a connection string similar to the ones I used successfully in my Delphi projects, and the project builds OK, but when executing the Connection.Open, I get an exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled by user code
Message: An exception of type ‘System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException’ occurred in ExampleADODB.exe but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

I looks like the Jet Provider is not being found.

My connection string is:

‘Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Data\RemObj\WF\WFUserSolGeneric\UserSolGeneric.mdb;Persist Security Info=False’;

I’m running on an MS Surface Pro.

Any advice welcome.

You want to set your project to be 32bits in the project options. The default is AnyCpu which defaults to 64bits, there’s no Adodb provider for 64bits.

So simple when you know!! That worked fine. Thanks.

Can you estimate when this problem solution will be available?

I’d like to explore WPF projects further,

Thanks.

Hello!

We are working on it.

Thanks