Any way to easily rename Android package?

I’m rewriting my Appcelerator Titanium app for Android using Silver, and so far things are going very well.

However, I mistakenly gave my app the wrong package name. It NEEDS to have the same package name so that users can upgrade to the new version seamlessly.

Is there anyway easily to do this with Fire? I’d settle even for help with a difficult way of doing it. I just need to get it done.

Thanks!

Can’t you just change it in project settings? Or am I misunderstanding the question?

I did get it to work by changing it in project settings. I was building release versions and had changed the package name under only “release” in settings, but I couldn’t get it to work until I changed it for all of the build configurations? And…I had forgotten to make the change in the manifest.

All is good.

Do you have to change the default name space too? I have an splash activity and after change the package name the splash activity raise an exception. Also cannot deploy anymore. Seems like the apk files need to have the same name than the project name?
(Original package name name was com.genartech.peopletracker)

If this is the case, how can i rename the project name in Fire? I cant a file, try everything.

best regards.

No, they don’t have to match. It does have to match whats in the Manifest, of course. But they can be completely different names.