ApplyUpdates on AfterPost with AutoInc field

I have a master detail relation and use autoinc fields for the keys. Everything works fine except when i call ApplyUpdates from the OnAfterPost event. The case is simple. I add a master, OnAfterPost is triggered, ApplyUpdates is called, then MergeDelta that causes an Edit…Post. And then the cycle repeats.
If i call ApplyUpdates outside the OnAfterPost event then it’s ok. The first time the delta contains all the modifications and the autoinc is -1; the second time the delta contains all the modifications with the generated value for the auto inc.
The problem raises when i insert a new master.

I use RadStudio 10.1 Berlin with RemObjects SDK 9.1.99.1273

why you can’t just insert data to both tables (master & detail) and then call master.ApplyUpdate?
another solution: try to use [ruoOnPost] in table.RemoteUpdatesOptions

I have tried runOnPost but the problem persists. Maybe i misuse it, i don’t understand the functionality of this attribute. My problem is MergeDelta causes an Edit…Post (probably for the AutoIncs generated value) that triggers my custom OnAfterPost event. I apply updates on the master only. And I try to guard against that with a test on HasDelta but the delta remains.

try to introduce a new boolean variable and check it inside event like:

if bProcessed then exit;
  bProcessed := True;
  try
    ApplyUpdate;
  finally
    bProcessed := false;
  end;

:slight_smile: I already thought of that. Still, there might be something i do or use wrong. Should i apply updates on after post (i want to save everything on the spot)? What is the use of runOnPost? Thank you.

runOnPost calls ApplyUpdate after each modification of datatable automatically so you don’t need to use ApplyUpdate at all.

That sounds like what i need. I will try again without calling ApplyUpdates explicitly. Thanks.

Yest, that’s it. I can use runOnPost without explicitly calling ApplyUpdates. Thank you.