Asking for advice for GUI choice

Talking about mORMot, is it compilable in Oxygen legacy mode? If not any chance of supporting it?

Thatā€™d be up to the vendor/creator of mORMot. I suggest to talk to them; if they are interested, weā€™ll certainly be happy to help them port to/support Oxygene.

Theo, thatā€™s a great list - very useful indeed. Thank you.

Steve

Eto is another framework to look at for cross platform work (works with Elements for .NET ofc). Uses wpf on windows, gtk on Linux and cocoa on mac

1 Like

Thank you, Carlo.

I agree for uniGUI!

For me uniGui + DataAbstract are the best choice in Delphi world for Web development :wink:

Best Regards

Yes, only except uniGui is bound to Delphi, and I am moving away from Delphi. Is there any .NET framework similar/comparable to uniGui?

For the .NET world Iā€™m learning Blazor (based on WebAssembly). In my opinion, the future of the web

1 Like

Thank you fore the advice - forgive my ignorance - Is Blazor part of ASP.NET? Does it work with RemObject Elements?

Not officially supported as of now, but might just work; afaik Blazor is still in preview

Of course we have our own story for WebAssembly, with the native back-end too. Iā€™m still holding out to see how big Blazor will be ā€” because essentially your website will need to download the while .NET Core runtime into the browser. I canā€™t see that not having an significant footprint thatā€™ll be too large for web sites (though maybe acceptable fir web apps. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Blazor needs MS C# for the UI, but it can consume Elements assembly.

To be more precise, .cshmtl files (in regular server-side ASP.NET Core Razor and Blazor) use C# syntax (because else weā€™d have to reinvent a whole new syntax for all the other languages and reimplement the Razor parser), but the other parts of a Razor (and, once we get to it, Blazor) project can be any Elements language. Also, .cshtml, in an Elements [Bl\R]azor project project will still use our C# front-end, with support for its extra features.

1 Like

It seems Blazor is a worthwhile technology to invest. And adios - Delphi.

Thank you all for the advice.

2 Likes