Async interfaces GUID should not change everytime the Intf file is regenerated

When using the service builder, the generated Intf file contains interfaces for Async interfaces.
They all have a GUID which conveniently allows to use the Supports method to cast from one interface to another.
However, that GUID changes every time the file is regenerated.
I believe this should not happen, just like the other interfaces whose GUIDs are constant.

1 Like

this is as designed.
RODL has only one guid that is used for generation of interface for usual service.
for async interfaces we always generate a new guid.

edit: we will investigate this issue

I understand why it works like it does right now, but from a user’s point of view, it is quite annoying to have unrelated changes come up in a generated file.
For instance, I add a new structure to my definition file, generate the interface, and when I commit to my source control software, I must pay attention to remove the GUID changes so that only the new structure goes in the SCM.
This is quite tedious and can be easily forgotten.

So I appreciate very much the fact that you are investigating this.

2 Likes

I have to vote this up. It’s becoming a pain point on our CI/CD integrations having the GUIDs generated all the time.

1 Like

IIRC this was fixed for the July update?

I cannot see this mentioned in the changelog. Can anyone confirm this?

As I’m also interested in having the GUID not change every build, for the same reasons as mentioned above.

yep, it was done.
check change log here - https://github.com/remobjects/ROCodeGen/commits/master

Thank you, I did not know to look there. The general Remoting SDK changelog did not mention this.

the general Remoting SDK log includes changes in Remoting SDK repository itself.