Beginner alert! LOL

I am looking to use MS SQL CE (Compact) 4.0 as the database. I have hopefully downloaded the relevant stuff into VS 2015, and I can add an sdf database to the connections of a project and see the data tables. I would want to code the connection properties connection string and open the connection from the code. I have tried some connection strings with a provider: Provider=System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0. This produces a provider not found error. I think I need to add the “System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0” to the project references, but can’t find that in the Add References list.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Update: the Reference System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0 is in the project references.

The error message says “… Additional information: The ‘System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine…”

Thanks

Editing of source files in a Dot Net WinForms project:

1.In Delphi, if I delete all the code from the implementation part of a Form Procedure, and compile, the Procedure is removed from the source file and from the forms’s definition. This is a great time saver.

2.In Delphi, if I rename a visual component, the name change is updated on any procedure definitions that have already been coded for that component (it does not update that component’s name change where it is referenced in other procedures). Also a great time saver

Is this possible within the VS2015 editor?

Hi. Can a WinForms solution’s source files (pas files) go into different folders within the main folder, for segregation / clarity reasons?

Thanks

Sure, yeah. you can create subfolders and piut your files in those, no porblem.