Calling Hydra Plugin from Webservice

Hi,

from my client (in C#) I am, via Service, calling a function on my server (Delphi) to convert a file to pdf.
That function is invoking a plugin thats written in C#, so it is being accessed using hydra.
Now when I try to invoke the plugin on the server this is the message I get on the client:

RemObjects.SDK.Types.ServerException: Das COM-Objekt des Typs "System.__ComObject" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "RemObjects.Hydra.CrossPlatform.IHYCrossPlatformHost" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{C518DE62-CEDF-47E7-8267-669885AE0949}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))

When running that same piece of code from a windows application it works fine (its actually a library that I use for the service and for the windows application). Maybe I need to register the interface (IHYCrossPlatformHost) in my service ?

Thanks

This can be caused by, for example, different thread apartment models of plugin and host.

Could yo create a testcase for this issue?

I’ve created a simple WCF-wrapper plugin and it loads and works fine in a Delphi-based Windows Service app.