Can not add new swift file

Hi,

I can’t seem to add new swift file, there is no option of it create new file dialog.

I can create new file using external editor and add it to the project but can’t create a new one directly from fire. I can’t seem to find anyone with the same problem from the forum nor does it any mention of it in the documentation. Anyone have any idea on what the problem is?.

Thanks,

What project type is this? sounds like a big in the new by-subplatform filtering logic…

Java-Console application when I first tried but then similar thing happen on Cocoa-ConsoleApplication too. The only type project that does not seems to happen is when I choose .Net as the platform i.e: new-file template contains many entries.

Odd. I’ll need to test when I get back into the office on Tuesday. is Cocoa broken too?

Yes, the only one that seems to be working is .Net platform. I don’t have issues in Visual Studio.

Thanx, will look tomorrow. Yeah,m this would be Fire-only, as that’s where I recently added the filtering.

Weird, i cannot reproduce this at all, all platforms i tried filtered correctly, including Android and plain Java, and show the right files for the sub platform. What exact build of Fire are you using?

It’s RemObjects Fire - 8.3.95.2031.dmg

Can you retry with the next beta?

AFAIK it’s for paid subscription which I don’t have.

Hm, wait, I misread. So youpre saying this is broken in 8.3, not in the 8.4 beta? that’s weird, as I didn’t change filtering for that. But I’ll have a look. thanx!

Thank you Mark, hopefully it will be sorted out. In the meantime I still can work using .Net templates on shared project. Looking forward for 8.4 release. Cheers.

1 Like