Cannot override method "..." defined in parent class ".." with lower visibility ... problem in Android

IDE: _Visual Studio 2015
Version: _Elements 9.1.100.2075
Target (If relevant): Android
Description:
The following code works perfectly in NET and iOS, but in Android it produces an error.

type
  Class1 = public class
  protected
    method getprop: Integer; virtual;
  public
    property prop: Integer read getprop;
  end;

Class2 = public class(Class1)
  protected
    method getprop: Integer; override;
  public
  end;

implementation

method Class1.getprop: Integer;
begin
  exit 1;
end;

method Class2.getprop: Integer;
begin
  exit 2;
end;

Gravedad Código Descripción Proyecto Archivo Línea Estado de supresión
Error (E212) Cannot override method “method Class2.getprop(): Integer” defined in parent class “Class1” with a lower visibility than the original method, which is “public” ClassLibrary2 E:\Mis Archivos\Projects\SendaSoft\Oxygene\Bugs\Bugs 2016.12.12 - 1\ClassLibrary1\SharedProject1\Class1.pas 15

I attach project and screenshot.
Bug278.rar (275.5 KB)

Best regards,
Jose A.

Elements will use an existing method as a property accessor method if it maches the signature for that platform exactly, when it does this it promotes that method to match the access of the property. For .NET this is method get_PropertyName: String, for Cocoa method PropertyName: String and for Java this is getPropertyName: String. It works with any other name.

Ok. Thanks Carlo.

You can’t reduce the level of access to a property or method using inheritance like explained at:

I was not lowering the access level of the property, it was a problem with the automatic Elements system mapping of properties and methods according to the platform.
Thanks Fernando.

Oh, ok. I miss understood because the post title :sweat_smile: