Can't compile/install DA version 1555: compiling RO_Server_Synapse_D24 package gives the error: "E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'UnlistPublishedProperty'"

Hello,

I’ve just downloaded and installed the latest build, 1555, and when the installer (or Install_DA.cmd) tries to compile the RemObjects_Server_Synapse_D24.dpk package I get the following errors:

Building: C:\dev\Componentes\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for Delphi\Source\RemObjects_Server_Synapse_D24.dpk
            Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bin\dcc64.exe "C:\dev\Componentes\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for Delphi\Source\RemObjects_Server_Synapse_D24.dpk" -Q -B -D"RemObje...
            RemObjects_Server_Synapse_Reg.pas(73) Error: E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'UnlistPublishedProperty'
            RemObjects_Server_Synapse_D24.dpk(46) Fatal: F2063 Could not compile used unit 'RemObjects_Server_Synapse_Reg.pas'

My guess is that {$DESIGNTIME} directive is not active for some reason when compiling that package, but I don’t see differences between the previous version and this one in that uses clause…

Any idea?

Hi,

update RemObjects_Server_Synapse_Reg.pas as

{$IFDEF DESIGNTIME} //added
  {$IFDEF DELPHI7UP}
    UnlistPublishedProperty(TROSynapseSuperTcpServer, 'UseIPv6');
  {$ENDIF}
  {$ENDIF} //added

and relaunch Install_DA.cmd (or Install_RO.cmd) with admin rights

Hi Evgeny,

Thanks. I had already added that and recompiled. Thanks for the confirmation.

I have also had this problem after a new Delphi 11.2 install. Where is the Install_DA.cmd file found. I cannot find it. Or how else do you finish the install after making the suggested change to the RemObjects_Server_Synapse_Reg.pas file.

Hi is2software

default folder is:

c:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Build\

Best Regards

Thank you. Found it exactly where you said. Appreciate it very much.
Bill B.

1 Like