Can't use open/save dialogs on Delphi XE2 in RemObjects VCL Project

Hello,
I have a problem with open/save dialogs when I try to use it in your vcl type project. When I call the Execute method of them the application freezes and the dialogs don’t appear. I tested them in a default vcl project an it works but not in yours.

This might help:

http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/COM_FAQs_(RemObjects_SDK)

Th hyperlink created in this comment seems to ignore the “(RemObjects_SDK)” at the end of that link so you’ll have to copy/paste.

• Stu

Ok thanks, I’ll check this!

I’am back the problem is still there, I’ve tested my app in compatibility mode and nothing, is strage that i can’t call a open file dialog from a button on the same form.

Hello,

ionut said: I'am back the problem is still there, I've tested my app in compatibility mode and nothing, is strage that i can't call a open file dialog from a button on the same form.

It’s really strange, in Windows XP( Service Pack 3) compatibility mode.

You could also delete uROComInit from project uses list . If you have problems without uROCOmInit, you might manually call CoInitialize.

Best regards

Thanks for help it works this way :)!

I had the same problem with a dialog not working and removing the uROCOmInit did fix it.
I’m a little hesitant about it though. Is there a fix newer than this post back from 2012?

I’m running RO SDK for Delphi 9.0.94.1223 with Delphi Seattle.
Windows 10 64 bit

you can use this workaround:

• replace uROComInit with uROInitializedThread in .dpr.
  • add uROInitializedThread.ROInitializeThreads := True; like
uses
  uROInitializedThread,
{$R *.res}

begin
  uROInitializedThread.ROInitializeThreads := True;
  Application.Initialize;
1 Like