Custom data abstract server pass information from client on login

Hi,

I’m trying to create a custom server that connects to the correct database with information coming from the client.
How can I pass information from the client to the server, for instance, the connection name to be used and use the connection name to use the corrrect connection defined in the server?

Are there any samples available for this?

Thx,
Dominique

Hello

The technology/approach you need to use is called LoginEx - https://docs.dataabstract.com/Technologies/LoginEx/

In short words it is a kind of connection string -like for Data Abstract server. F.e. when one logs into Relativity Server he passes in a sting like User Id=Data;Password=Relativity;Domain=PCrade Sample;Schema=PCTrade

Which platform (.NET or Delphi) you need a sample for?

Hi Antonk,

I’m writing a custom server in Delphi Rio.

Thx,
Dominique

Hi,

as Anton mentioned, you can use LoginEx, here you can pass any information like ConnectionName etc so it covers all possible cases.

another solution: create descendant of MultiDbLoginService. it has the OnLogin event where you can get ConnectonName passed from client at calling

function Login(const aUserID: ROUTF8String; const aPassword: ROUTF8String; const aConnectionName: ROUTF8String; out aUserInfo: UserInfo):