DataAbstract 10.0 (2022) and XCode 13 hints/warnings/lexical issues

My iOS XCode objective-C codebase is from about 2013, and was written for about the XCode 6 era. Today I am upgrading it from a 2017 edition of RO DA to a 2022 edition (v10).

I notice a boatload of Warnings about Double-quoted includes like this in my build warnings.

/Users/…/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/RemObjectsSDK.framework/Headers/ROTypeManager.h:11:9: Double-quoted include “ROTypes.h” in framework header, expected angle-bracketed instead

on things like this:

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#import “ROTypes.h”

As far as I understand Objective-C if that warning means anything, shouldn’t you have gone through and updated the codebase to avoid these framework header include lexical/preprocessor warnings? There are several dozen of them, at least.

I have over 1700 warnings, and most of them are in my code, but it’s no fun finding my warnings and hints when I also have yours.

Thoughts? Is there a compiler setting in XCode to make it stop doing this?

It seems that since years, all XCFramework authors should be using angle brackets?

Google suggests this warning can be turned off with

#pragma clang system_header

or

quoted include

However I am not finding anything I change either as a compiler warning option in the project level settings, nor any code does anything. I guess I could go edit your files for you, but I think an XCFramework must be read only in XCode for a REASON.

I haven’t seen those here when I last checked Rmeloting SDK against Xcode 13.x a few weeks back, but I’ll have a look.

Logged as bugs://D19264.

1 Like

How do I reproduce this? I created a new macOS project in Xcode (tried 13.4 and 14 Beta), added RemObjectsSDK.xcframework to Link with Libraries, and hit build. No warings.

Interesting. It may be an artifact of something in my environment then.

1 Like