Delphi ROSDK error

Today I had to go back to a legacy Delphi 2007 project and add in one feature. This is comprised of an ROSDK service running on windows, and a Windows application. I added in some code and tried to compile the service and immediately got the error : Unknown Type: Int32

This is using ROSDK 9.5.111.1399

as I said, its been awhile. Wny would this error pop up all of a sudden? Is this because I have the latest version installed for .NET on my system?

Hi,

this type was added in Delphi 2009 as

Int32  = Integer;

so Delphi 2007 doesn’t know about this type at all.

thank you

so I make the brilliant idea that i’ll upgrade to the latest stable 10.x release. I uninstall 9.x, install 10.x, and now the ROSDK tools menu is nowhere to be found, and the service doesn’t compile!!??!!

Again, I’m using Delphi 2007. The install is fast and simple…so what is going on???

this issue was already fixed in the latest preview (.1479)

ok, so 1479 installed, and showed up in the splash screen, but then I got this error over and over and over…

rosdk_Delphi2007_error

can you look at C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\Build\*log.html file. everything is green in it?

if not, can you send *log.html and *log.xml from this folder to support@, pls?

edit: what exactly setup you have installed? pls specify full name, like Data Abstract for Delphi, Server Edition - 10.0.0.1479

Remoting SDK for Delphi - 10.0.0.1479

hmm, according to log, everything is ok.

can you open C:\Program Files (x86)\RemObjects Software\RemObjects SDK for Delphi\Source\BuildPackages_D11.groupproj, rebuild and manually reinstall all packages, pls?

I get the following compilation error immediately for any package

[DCC Error] uRODECConst.pas(88): F2039 Could not create output file ‘…\Dcu\D11\uRODECConst.dcu’

does this tell you anything?

administrative rights are requred for writing to Program Files folder. you can launch Delphi with Admin rights or change access to DCU folder

something goes wrong and this package cannot be loaded correctly, so I’ve recommended to rebuild packages in IDE