Detail tables failing to update in 1517

Ok, I’ve now proven to my satisfaction that is is being caused by a change in RO.

I tried reverting to a build of my code with 1463 and it works fine. Simply rebuilding with 1517 and it breaks.

Now this appears to be related to the way I’m retrieving a large hierarchy, as per this old thread:

As described in that topic, with your help I managed to devise a means of retrieving a large hierarchy of data tables (potentially 13 tables across 4 levels) in the most efficient manner possible.

This has worked absolutely fine until now but has broken with 1517. If I stop using my method and simply do it the “usual” way by just opening the top level parent and allowing it to retrieve detail records on the fly as I navigate them, then it works fine.

So something has changed in 1517 which is causing my loading method to fail. The most obvious suspect is the RemoteFetchEnabled property. As per that topic, this is left set to False on the detail tables in order to prevent it attempting to retrieve data that’s already present. Is it possible something has changed that’s preventing updates being sent/applied when this property is false?

I’ll try to trace through the code and work out exactly where it’s failing and also see if I can produce a small test app.