Dump does not work

simple code that works in Xcode does not work in elements (windows,silver, net) or fire.
example: dump(mytuple00.first)

I have to say I cannot think of a reason to use dump but I am
following along with a swift video when I found this.
xcode 9, high Sierra on the Mac.
Fire 8.2
thanks.

a concrete actionable example would be appreciated…

// here it is
import Foundation

var mystring00 = "yoyoma"
var mytuple00 = (first:mystring00, second:“is not yomama”)
var mybool:Bool
print (mytuple00.first, mytuple00.second)
dump(mytuple00.first)

Foundation is a Cocoa API. You can’t use Cocoa APIs on .NET. See http://blogs.remobjects.com/2017/08/07/platform-vs-language/ for more on this topic.

Ok on the windows machine, but remember, if I comment the dump statement, then the program compiles and runs fine on windows. Why is there no error at the
"import foundation" line? I need to study the article you provided the link for
concerning Silver on windows.

How about Fire on the Mac?

I have screenshots of Xcode and Fire. I guess the best way is to send to
your email?

Again, because Foundation is a framework on Cocoa — you’re building for .NET, so you cant use Cocoa frameworks. Silver targets four different platforms — Cocoa, .NET, Java/Android and island. Its the same language, but each platform has its own frameworks and platform APIs.

In Fire on the Mac, are you using as Cocoa project? is so, you should eb a able to use Foundation (same in Visual Studio, FWIW, that doesn’t matter, that matters is the target platform of your project).

As for dump() specifically, i’ll have a look what defines this, as i’m nt familiar with the API. If it’s the Swift Base Library, we can look at providing that…