Elements 2457 big problem with if

Unistalled and installed 2460B and still the same

:(. Damn.

Thanks, logged as bugs://83618

If we want this being looked at tomorrow, I’d expect we nee concrete steps. when does this happen? exactly? any project, or a specific one? etc.

Hello,
I need more details on what happens for you.

1. Does the error appear on starting empty VS, without opening any project?
  2. If the error is shown at opening an elements project, what project is it? Is it a particular one, or any newly created too?
  3. Could you please try to create e.g. Oxygene classlibrary app and see if the error appear too?
  4. What VS version do you use?
    Thanks in advance.

Visual Studio crashes at startup. First time I was able to click to open solution, but it didn’t open - crash.
I’m using VS 2017 with all updates.

When VS crashing, it should create a log with more info. Could you please check it? The log file must be here: C:\Users< YourUserName >\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0< some numbers could be here too >\ActivityLog.xml
The file must contain info about VS loading, and also errors about crashing.

Also could you please check event log at start / event viewer and windows logs / application. It should contain information about devenv crash too.

ActivityLog.xml (81.1 KB)

Can you try this?

In C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\

Search for ComponentModelCache, remove those dirs (might be multiple)
then grab the new build I uploaded from:
https://secure.remobjects.com/portal/downloads/personal.aspx

and install that?

It fixed it for me.

C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ was empty, but new version opened solution :slight_smile: I will check if every project builds ok and works ok :slight_smile:

If statement also fixed - thanks

Can You give me info in which version problem appeared , because i made version of my software and I don’t know what I published ( if statement is often use… and iif)
Thanks

Both issues broke between [.2457] and are fixed in 2461.

Ufffff :slight_smile:

Actually shouldbe 59 that broke it (ie this weeks build)

I think with this bug it shouldn’t be publish.

One more problem - almost empty app with one error made for test

method MainActivity.onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle);
begin
  inherited;
  // Set our view from the "main" layout resource
  ContentView := R.layout.main;
	var vTest: nullable Integer := 1234;
	var vTest2: nullable Integer := 1235;

iff(vTest = vTest2, vTest=1234, vTest=1235);
	begin
	  ContentView := R.layout.main;
	end;
end;

1>------ Build started: Project: org.me.androidapplication1, Configuration: Debug ------
1>C:\Users\LHeczko\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\org.me.androidapplication1\MainActivity.pas(30,2): error E509: Unknown identifier "iff", did you mean "iif"?
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Error and app is starting

I agree, but we only found out about this bug yesterday, and we’re doing a new build today.

That’s auto-recovery. You can disable that in settings, but if there’s only 1 viable alternative, it errors like that, but uses the fixed version (iif) for the compilation.