Elements project file compatible with new dotnet proj format?

Cool!

once it all works, would you mind sending me the final project (minus real code, of course) so I could turn this into a project template?

I’d be delighted to do that. Do you want both Hydrogene and Silver?

Just C# will be fine, when i convert that to template I have tools to auto-convert it (with manual fix-ups) to all the other languages.

I went ahead and created both. I had to make a small tweak to the Silver conversion to make it work, though that’s likely due to my newness to Swift. Thank you so much for your help!

LocalFunctionProj.zip (2.4 KB)
silverfunc.zip (2.5 KB)

This is very interesting. Do you know if its possible to debug locally as well ?

I didn’t try to connect the debugger. I could only run the function using the func host start from bin/output. I assume you could connect the debugger to the running app, but I couldn’t start the project in debug mode.

FTR, in vNext, please set

<DestinationFolder>.\HttpExample\</DestinationFolder>

instead. FinalOutputFolderOverride works (on Windows) but its a value used internally by the build chain in other places, and as such contains platform-specifc paths while all paths in our project file sue Windows-style back-slash. As a result, having windows-type slashes in FinalOutputFolderOverride fails on Mac (or Linux). Tomorrow’s build will handle DestinationFolder as well-known external value and expect windows-style paths there on all platforms.

1 Like

Is it also possible to move the dlls into a bin folder ? Extensions seem to require a bin sub folder ie bin/debug/bin. I moved the files around myself and its working

This is what the debug folder looks like

Ugh. not easily, no.