Error on compiling with Elements

Hi,

I just purchased Elements but I’m unable to compile. The error message is:
Error: The expression “[System.IO.Path]::Combine(D:\Speeltuin\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1, obj<N/A>\Debug\Fakes)” cannot be evaluated. Ongeldige tekens in pad. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Fakes\Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.targets

Translated invalid chars in path.

Has anybody a clue?

Cheers,
Ronald

Ronald,

can you give us some more details, such as the complete build log? Does this happen for any project, or just a specific one?

thanx,
marc

Hi Marc,

Found the reason for the build fail. It does not compile when I use the Resharper Build but does compile when I use VS Build. Is this a known issue?

Cheers,
Ronald

Ronald,

I’m not sure. what is Resharper Build? We only test against using MSBuild, VS’s but in build tool chain.

—marc

Hi Marc,

I have Resharper from JetBrains installed. I can choose between building with MSBuild or Resharper Build. The latter gives me the possibility to use multiple cores to compile multiple projects simultaneously. This is a great advantage when you have like me a lot op projects in your solution. One thing I can try is to deinstall Resharper to see if it takes the right settings for Elements to compile.

Cheers,
Ronald

I see. just deselecting Reharper Build for the elements projects/solution should suffice then? no need to completely uninstall it? That said, I recommend you report the problem th the JetBrains guys; we’d be happy to work with them to get Elements to work with their tool.

Your right. For now I will work then with the MS build. I will inform JetBrains about it.

Thanx for you time.
Cheers,
Ronald

1 Like