Fire debugging iOS14.2

Have I got to do anything to get wifi working ? My device is listed in xcode but nothing appears in Fire

Same here. I see the devices plugged in OK, and they work, but I see no wi-fi devices. It works as previously. I tried unplugging one and restarting Fire, and it didn’t appear on wifi but popped up as soon as I plugged it in.

Make sure to check “Connect via Network” for the devide in Xcode (when its plugged in via USB). Once you do, it should stay visible in Xcode (and Fire) after you disconnect it.

It does seem somewhat eraddic when it will disconnect (usually after turning the screen off for a short while), or how soot it will reconnect after wake. check the Activity window in Fire, too, you should se messages like

ios-deploy: [....] Found 00008030-001215142238802E (D421AP, iPhone 11 Pro, iphoneos, arm64e, 14.3, ) a.k.a. 'iPhone E11even' connected through WIFI.
ios-deploy: [....] Found 00008030-001215142238802E (D421AP, iPhone 11 Pro, iphoneos, arm64e, 14.3, ) a.k.a. 'iPhone E11even' connected through USB.

etc

I have those selected and I was able to deploy in xcode. I cant see any relevant messages in console.

Again, same as John, I checked those ticks and can see the globe icon appear when I ticked it (I already had it on the new one but the old one I didn’t as I hate having the passcode entry every time it wakes up, the new ones are so much better with the touch-id !) but nothing shows in Fire unless it’s USB and nothing in the activity window or obviously relevant console messages.

You’re using the 2574 build from last night, right? not 2573? Do you see any messages in Activity when you connect via USB (and does the device show ok, via USB)?

Yes 2574.

The only errors I see from Fire are

error 10:50:54.389489-0500 Fire nw_socket_handle_socket_event Socket SO_ERROR [54: Connection reset by peer]
error 10:50:54.394541-0500 Fire nw_read_request_report [C1] Receive failed with error “Connection reset by peer”
error 10:50:54.394959-0500 Fire nw_read_request_report [C1] Receive failed with error “Connection reset by peer”
error 10:50:54.395464-0500 Fire nw_read_request_report [C1] Receive failed with error “Connection reset by peer”
error 10:50:54.395541-0500 Fire nw_read_request_report [C1] Receive failed with error “Connection reset by peer”

I don’t see any non errors that look relevant.

When I connect usb the device shows up

I connected usb, did a build and deployed. I then unplugged the device.

I didnt realize there was an activity window :slight_smile:

I also dont see anything displayed in activity when I plug usb back in

Yep, from firehose:

Same here! Had to look for it, doing the same as you, connect, build and run then unplugged, I see the following (and nothing appears in it when I plugin in and out now):

Hmm, thats impossible — you cant have devices show up and not have messages in Activity, if you’re build is using ios-deploy instead of crossboxhelper :(.

Do me a favor — delete crossboxhelper from, the app bundle and restart Fire. do devices still show up? If so, your build doesnt have the change yet.

ah, damn my eyes :(. I committed the wring file last night, so your build indeed doesnt have the change yet :(. Fixed and started a new build, sorry about that.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s working now. Only problem now is that I must remember not to leave my phone in another room :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I try and debug I get “toffeehelper” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. Im running with the internal compiler and the current commandline tools.

I also see this ~> RemObjects.Elements.RTL.FileNotFoundException: File /Users/JohnMoshakis/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/CrossBox/LocalServer/ToffeeCertificates.txt not found

Yeah, ingot that too yesterday. It’s weird, because ToffeeHelper should be getting signed as part of the build, and again as Part of the app bundle. Or are you using a separate command line install?

Try running “codesign -s - /path/to/toffeehelper”

I was using the latest zip from preview. It’s strange, I was getting the issue with any of the last 3 Fires and the 2573 zip. It wasn’t until I installed 2571 zip that it went away. I tried Fire and zip 2571 and that works. The latest 2574 also works.

If I try and sign the copy in the folder that I created from the zip it says “no identity found”

When do you get this? I have been flipping between USB and wifi and can debug on both and haven’t seen this, everything seems to be working exactly as expected. It’s actually pretty cool. One advantage I can see for this, when (if !) I ever get back to the office, I can give an iPad to someone else to do some testing, and log everything that’s going on and debug if needed too.

When Im debugging in the simulator. If I install the 2574 zip it seems fine.