Fire is not finding dlls

Ok, i just had a check, and i have no idea what the problem is, if you are using the right (Mono) version of the dll.

In any case, it seems to be an issue with SQLite, not with Fire or Elements… Elements does all it can do — deploy the .dll next to the exe. The rest is between you, Mono and SQLite, sorry :frowning:

It is not a problem with only SQLite DLL but any DLL.
I hope you can investigate it next week.
I use DLL to many databases, none of them are working and it worked some betas old prior to this release.
SQLite is just one that I used to make this example.
Thanks for have a look.

Hm, can you give me another example then?

PostgresSQL, Firebird and MySQL all of them are having the same problem and the application was working.
I don’t know if you remember that I had submitted a bug related with MySQL connection that was caused by the MySQL DLL itself like CK discovered. It is the same application that can’t run now and was running before.

Ok, can you give me another concrete sample project where you get a file not found error? the SQLite one yu sent is definitely NOT caused bu it not funding the SQLite dll itself, because the exception callstack is 3 methods deep INSIDE that dll.

Now I removed the support to MySQL at .Net and just support it over Java because of the problem with the .Net driver of MySQL. But the others was working very well and now I just can’t run the application that I had done. It is the same application unchanged that are not running anymore.

The error is exactly it at all cases. I don’t know what was changed at Fire because what was working before is not working anymore.

I was running with the same DLLs that was working before. Very strange.
And the error is reported like the DLL was not found.
Now you are saying that DLL is found and being called but it is not what is being reported.
What I am not understanding is that, like I said, the same application that was running fine is not running anymore and no changes was done to justify it.

This is not a Fire thing. Fire is an IDE. it lets you type code and look at files. This problem (at least the one you sent me) is a RUNTIME error happening with SQLite. Fire has nothing to do with it.

Well, the callstack is:

SQLite3.StaticIsInitialized (System.Data.SQLite.dll)
  SQLiteLog.Initialize (System.Data.SQLite.dll)
  SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.Data.SQLite.dll)
  SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.Data.SQLite.dll)
  Test.connect__database (Program.swift, line 16)
  Test.run (Program.swift, line 74)
  __Global.main (Program.swift, line 86)

it’s four levels deep in SQLIte code. how can it be in SQLite code if not didn’t succesfully load the dll that contains this code?

i’m telling you: the problem is that this version of SQLite is Windows specific. SQLite3.StaticIsInitialized tries to (re-)load the dll as a Win32 native library, and that fails on Mac. You need to use a different version of the dll.

Note that “sqlite-netFx45-binary-bundle-Win32-2012-1.0.103.0.zip (2.3 MB)” should give you an incling that this dll might be Windows specific?

As for whatever other problems you have with the other databases — i can’t say, without more details. But since THIS one fails in SQLite, it can’t really be the same problem, can it? If you send me a test case for whatever problem you see when not using SQLite, i can have a look and comment; without, i can’t.

But blank statements like "all of them are having the same problem"aren’t helping. Clearly it’s NOT the same problem, unless PostgresSQL, Firebird and MySQL somehow use SQLite3 — which they don’t.

—marc