Firemonkey Demo Project

HI,

After i compiled the firemonkey sample project, it run the FMXHost and create FmxVisualPlugin then the system auto quit.

If i run the VCLHost, create the FmxVisualPlugin , then click close form. it wont close. Need I focus on the edit control then click close form. Then it can close.

What is issue inside?

Testing Environment: Delphi 10.2
Hydra: RemObjects Hydra - 5.0.89.1157 - Trial

also actually, I want to load fmx plug created by delphi XE 10.2 with vcl host application created in delphi 2010.

As now Hydra can load different version of delphi plugin, it should work. Am I correct?

I’ll review these failures

yes, you are correct. Delphi 2010 VCL host can load and host FMX plugin created with Delphi 10.2

One more point I just noticed but dont know related to FMX itself or not.

Just Provide Information for your reference.

If the pc did not install the display card or use default display driver from microsoft.

If you run vclhost and create fmxvisualcplugin, then click close then click edit controls then click close.
you can close the form but end up with runerror.

See if it is useful.

Joe

Firemonkey uses DirectX which isn’t available with default Microsoft VGA driver.
it can be a reason for such failures, e.g. FMX can try to unload DirectX libraries during finalization FMX units

Thanks Information

Thanks, logged as bugs://79054

Thanks, logged as bugs://79057

bugs://79054 got closed with status fixed.

bugs://79057 got closed with status fixed.

Can I have evaluation to try on thosed fixed? As I confirm the function I need then I renew my subscription?

Thanks

Joe

answered via PM

Tested if in delphi 10.2 and all plugin in build with delphi 10.2 . it works.

however, I install to delphi 2010, fmx plugin build with delphi 10.2, vclhost build with delphi 2010.

VCLHost: delphi 2010
fmxvisualPlugin: delphi 10.2

when run vclhost then load fmxplugin, it can show . then click close but cannot close.
if load the fmxplugin, then click fmx plugin button or click focus to fmx control. it can close but close with runtime error.

Please advise.

Joe

I can’t reproduce this issue.
have you compiled host and plugins w/o using packages?

do you have any callstack for this issue?

As my Hdyra package is trial package, I cant build without uisng pacakges.

but as I 've old licensed version hydra. I did not remove it just direct install the newest trial version together with existing RO/DA (Ver: 7.0.751117).
The below capture is when run vclhost in delphi 2010 , then load delphi10.2 fmx visual plugin , then click close ( cant close). Then I click fmx button and focus edit control. then click close again. The below error is shown

Please advise how can I pass information to you to check.

Joe

Hi any news? As waiting this feature to confirm to renew the subscription for new project.

Please advise.

joe

I can’t reproduce this AV.
in virtual machines, everything is fine.
on real machine, NVidia Direct10 DLL causes some problems during unloading FMX plugin - like infinity loop.

try to update FMXPlugin.dpr as

begin
  FMX.Types.GlobalUseDirect2D := false; //added
end.

it solved issue with unloading FMX plugin on my side with Delphi2010 VCL host

This fixed my issue and I need put in a real project to try.

But I hit another big problem. I think start a new thread for that issue( it is in fmxplugin can change fill or font property. Once click the dialog flash and close.).

will let you know the case.

btw, I already renew my subscription. Thanks for your help

Joe