Intf vs Invk Files

Hello everybody
I am wondering that the difference between the *_Intf.pas and *_Invk.pas are and when to use which?
I tried to find any detailed documentation about this topic but somehow was unable to find any?

Best regards
Francois

1 Like

from Files Generated from RODL article:

• _Intf - Interface file, containing definitions for all the types defined in the RODL, the interface definitions of all the services, and client-side proxies for all the services. Under normal circumstances, the _Intf file is the only file that will be needed on the client.
  • _Invk - Invoker file, containing server-side stubs used to invoke the service methods. These stubs are used internally by the framework, and it’s very unlikely that you will ever have to deal directly with it.

Thank you very much.
Do I get it right that only the server app needs the *_Invk.pas files and not the client? In the link you’ve just provided, *_async files are also mentioned. I thought, the asynchronous interfaces are inside the *_intf.pas files at the time being?

Best regards

_Intf and _Invk are required on server-side only if RODL-based services are used.
For Code-First services, these files aren’t required.

You are right, _Async was merged with _Intf. that article is outdated.

Hello there
Many thanks for the response!

Best regards
Francois Zbinden

1 Like